Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Ant Bee's Discussions (111)

Discussions Replied To (105) Replies Latest Activity

"Right.  I believe that 90's lamps were also using chlorinated paraffin, but with muc…"

Ant Bee replied Mar 18 to Trying to crack the original formula- why was kerosene used?

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"Yes, that tracks perfectly with what I'm saying.  You're making less viscous wax.  W…"

Ant Bee replied Mar 18 to Trying to crack the original formula- why was kerosene used?

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"Yep, and this is what is in the modern china lamps.  A wax formula that only require…"

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"The wax is just the wax that came with the lamp when I bought it- I believe they are…"

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"Conventional wisdom around these parts, and all over the hobbyist space in general s…"

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"Side note- I have been tinkering with three different cloudy Spencers 52oz globes- y…"

Ant Bee replied Mar 17 to Trying to crack the original formula- why was kerosene used?

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"It's almost like they added 0 surfactant to it... like its pure distilled water. I…"

Ant Bee replied Mar 16 to Worst stuck wax I've ever seen!

8 Mar 16
Reply by Lamp Addict

"Yo, that's AWFUL But it's also not 2009.  Its September, 2020. YYMMDDBB  (Batch)"

Ant Bee replied Mar 16 to Worst stuck wax I've ever seen!

8 Mar 16
Reply by Lamp Addict

"Small failure update:  using less liquid paraffin and no kerosene, while keeping a h…"

Ant Bee replied Mar 13 to Trying to crack the original formula- why was kerosene used?

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

"Quick update:  The neon powders are P O T E N T.  I can already tell I used too much…"

Ant Bee replied Mar 12 to Trying to crack the original formula- why was kerosene used?

139 Nov 28
Reply by Claude J

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service