Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

All Discussions Tagged 'coil' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Green LavaLite lamp, wax doesn't stick to coil or move at all.

I bought a green LavaLite today, and it has issues. First of all, the wax doesn't stick to the coil like it should It doesn't move either,…

Started by BSP016

29 Sep 29, 2016
Reply by Verax

The coil, the coil!

I was about ready to GooKit my glitter Grande from Mike, and then I realized I didn't have a spare coil. I've read through several threads…

Started by Erin

42 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by Carol

Detached wax in a new-ish lamp

Greetings, all! I'm new to lava lamps and got my first as a gift about a month and a half ago. I'm rather fond of it now but it no longer w…

Started by Aerofish

4 Jul 30, 2014
Reply by Carol

Wax not sticking to Coil

My new Mediterranean was in rough shape when I got it. Cloudy, wax separated, and not sticking to coil. The wax is now recombined. The lamp…

Started by Kempton

0 Mar 31, 2014

2013 grande coil flip ?

Hi I am new to the groupe but I do have a question about a new 2013 grande i just purchased . I have tried to run the lamp 3 times and each…

Started by jeanette

5 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Mmm...

Is it the coil? (with pictures)

First background on the lamp. I bought this century about a year ago cloudy and very sticky. I cycled it  first to clear it and then dumped…

Started by Kempton

5 Feb 17, 2014
Reply by Kempton

Wax won't stick to coil? This trick worked great for me-

I used a torch lighter to super-heat the bad coil, then dropped it sizzling hot into my container of melted goo.  Something about that work…

Started by Jus

6 May 31, 2013
Reply by Keith

Large coil, small coil? What is the best and why?

I guess it's all in the title. Thanks

Started by Astralav

3 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by Astralav

Restored orange/white flow

I have always had trouble with the wax sticking to the coil of the U.S. orange/white Electrick globe. I have cleaned the coil 3 times and i…

Started by goodude26

8 Jan 7, 2012
Reply by Michael Kersey

Flow problem, possible coil issue.

After some struggles with refilling and making a new lamp I got it to flow and the density seems pretty good.   The problem I have is that…

Started by Nicky

3 May 11, 2011
Reply by Ford Prefect - NPNG

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service