Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm not sure if this has been done by anyone on here before, but this afternoon I decided to take a Dremel to the base of my purple and blue lava lamp and cut off about an inch of aluminum. Not only does it look really cool but it also let's you see more action that is usually hidden. 

The lamp now resembles the larger lamps, and apart from the slightly longer warm up time I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Views: 123

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That does look nice.  Just make sure the light bulb isn't touching the globe.

Oh crap I didn't even think of that. I cooled the lamp down and put a sticky piece of paper on the bulb (sticky side up) and put the globe on top. The piece of paper didn't touch the globe thankfully. I am slightly worried about that though because it does sit 1-2 or so millimeters lower than before.

Keith said:

A 1/8 inch gap should be fine, no more than 1/4 inch though.

John H said:

Oh crap I didn't even think of that. I cooled the lamp down and put a sticky piece of paper on the bulb (sticky side up) and put the globe on top. The piece of paper didn't touch the globe thankfully. I am slightly worried about that though because it does sit 1-2 or so millimeters lower than before.

Keith said:

Ok phew. Fingers crossed it doesn't crack 

Keith said:

A 1/8 inch gap should be fine, no more than 1/4 inch though.

John H said:

Keith said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service