Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Ok my Red Lava and Purple liquid Grand has arrived. It is cloudy a little. I can see my hand at the bottom of the lamp. Do you all think it will clear up in time? Can someone give me pointers on how to get the lamp clear.

Roger

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well there is no place around here that sell the big Grande. Spencers dose sell Lava Lamps but not the big Grande.

Roger
WEll thanks for all the info so far. I am going to keep the lamp and keep running it for about a month or so and see if it starts to clear up. It has great flow.

Roger
One more questen should I just use the lamp like normal. Run it every day and hopfuly in time it will clear up?

Roger
I will let you all know how it is going.

Roger
Thanks for the info. This is what I am doing. I am runing the lamp about 8 hours a day. Hope it clears up soon.

Roger
I picked up a Grande yellow lava/ purple liquid at Spencers three days ago, (could not pass up for $59.99) and it is cloudy. I'm not sure to what degree, but I can barely see my hand through the liquid, but I can see it. This is my third day of running for ten hours, and it's maybe slightly better. Maybe just wishful thinking. :) I have had cloudy smaller ones that cleared after several months. In fact, my profile pic was cloudy for about three months, and it's been fantastic for years. The new Grande had some wax scrapings and some tiny balls stuck to the glass about midway, so I warmed it up the second day, and took a blowdryer on high heat to them and they melted off and fell down. Anyway, I love the flow on this baby and have no intention on returning it, so hopefully it will get better. I can live with it if it does not get any clearer.
or you can do what i did with a 32ouncer. get a bucket that is the same size as the lamp (if not bigger), put the lamp in it and put the hottest water you can from the tap and fill it up untill it just touches the cap or before it does. for some reason when I tried this it didn't work but it did when i put it in a dark place (weird huh?) but anyway let it sit untill the water is relatively cool (about 3 hrs. or so) and take it out, dry it off, and light it up. with my lamp it was still a bit cloudy when i lit it up but the little bit dissapeared as the wax started to move well. weir huh? would be worth a shot. do this after it has been sitting for a couple of days though.
Ok thanks for the info. My lamp is very very slowly clearing up. I will try this out this week end.

Roger
Well I have ben runing mine for about to months every day about seven hours. It is just starting to get better. If the flow is good ceep the lamp and be patient. It will get better.

Roger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service