Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have 2 of "The Wave" units...you guys remember these...they are rectangular plexi vessels that would sit on a motorized base and slowly rock back and forth and the inside goo would replicate a Tsunami (ok, maybe just a wave)...I need to know if they should be full to the max and how to fill them ( and with what)...as mine just sit there...mototrs are fine and work...no leaks on the vessels but they are not
completly full-thanks in advance!

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well cant help with this problem but want to ask if you can still get a wave unit new and were can I get one?

Roger
There are some new really cheezy ones out there...these are from the late 70's and I got mine on Ebay-happy hunting!
Ok I will look on ebay.

Thanks Roger
Pink yellow is the coolest!...you 've got a lot more juice in yours...if you stand the thing on end, I 've got 2-3" inches of gap!...what should I try to fill it up with??
The pink/yellow is cool. Even rarer is that with inverse colors! PG Kelley, does yours look like that pink/yellow one, with a big air space? If so, that's normal. You don't fill these, they're totally sealed. One end cap has an "air trap", find it, tilt the vessel so that end points up, blue liquid should pour out and at least some of the air should go in, leaving you with a smaller air bubble. But it's normal. These are getting rare, so hang onto 'em!

Do you have the 80s black bases, or the late 70s/early 80s chrome? And are they the 16" Adriatic (almost rectangular base) or the 18" Caribbean (with flared base) or, better yet, the Soundwave (Caribbean with electronic sound module under the base - some of these had blacklight-responsive fluid)?
Hey and thanks!...I have the black base ones...it looks like the airspace in mine in much larger and what happens is that there doesn't seem to be enuf goo to make the thing rock (tilt) to the other side...could it have evaporated over
the years?...can't get it to rock back and forth is the main issue, so I thought more goo in would tend to make it rock(!?)
Regards,
PGK
The cams are nylon and seem to work fine-they go up and down and move the unit ...it seems that there is not enough goo (or volume weight) to move it back (slosh back)...the one is much lower than the other but neither will move back and forth (up and down)...
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service