Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I bought a vintage aladdens lamp and it dosent seem to be getting hot enough to flow does anyone know what type of bulb it needs or maybe why the wax wont' flow? I put it on another stand and it seemed to get too hot then. The lava is red and the liqued is clear any ideas out there?

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It takes a 40 watt s11n type bulb, the socket should be adjustable also...try bending the socket so its closer to the globe.

LampHead
I discovered that some moran took the bulb and socket out from the bottom and drilled a hole in the lower side, I put a high intensity 4owatt bulb in it and moved it closer to the globe but it still is not flowing right. It seems to work ok on a different lamp. when I change them out. but then the one i put on alladden dosent flow right! I am getting stressed. could it be that the bulb socket isnt in a vertical position under the globe? any ideas. I really would love for this lamp to work.
One thing I have noticed is that if my Lava Grande is near an Air conditioning duck it seen to run cold. If I move it way or turn the air conditioning off. The lamp runs just right.
Has any one else seen this?
Could this be your problem?

Roger
The Aladdins Lamp (series 500) as well as the Carlisle (300) and Saturna (400) are supposed to have that angled socket. The bases are too shallow for the socket to stand upright. The only advice on these is, yes, bend the socket-and-support closer to the globe. And yes, 40-watt hi-intensity bulb is right. These are the only lamps using intermediate (C-9) based bulbs which should have 40-watt hi-intensity bulbs.
I love the lamp.

Roger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service