Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

There have been loads of questions about bubbles here. I have been asked quite a few times on how to cure the bubbles situation and even myself have asked the same question. I have at least three lamps that have savere to mild case of the bubbles. I was looking around and have found that by using a frosted bulb it would cut down on the over heating. Sure enough, it does. Now, I had a thought. Maybe the ones that I had a buble problem was because the wax was heating up way too soon, causing the liquid to be captured inside the wax. So I went out, bought more frosted bubls for the ones that had bubbleitis. Gues what? the wax heated up more smoothly, releasing hundreds of tiny bubbles and the wax is now pretty smooth in two out of the three lamps. The one that I didn't say ran smooth is because it had loads, and I mean LOADS of bubbles. This lamp is still working the bubbles out and will probably be nearly bubble free after a couple more runs. Just thought I should share this finding.

Side Note: Was not tested on homemade lamps or lamps that were opened and had been fixed.

Views: 90

Reply to This

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service