Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Recieved a lamp from ebay. It was listed as a silver base and cap lava lamp with red lava. I open up the box, the base and cap is gold! I thought I was purchasing a silver streak 32oz. but come to find out that this is different. the bottle cap says it was made in 1997 and so does the stamp on the felt. It has a gold base and a gold plastic cap. The liquid has a gold ting to it with red lava. I haven't seen this type of lamp before so, any help would be appreciated.

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Enchantress, series 8100. Model 8102, red "lava"/yellow liquid. Nice classic 80s lamp. Looks great alone as room decor in a well-lit area.
The thing is, is that it was made in 1997. so isn't an 80's lamp. ya it does look like a stripped down planter lol. I didn't think they made an enchantress in that year.
holey crap! This thing is probably worth way past the 10 bucks I spent for it and it is in mint condition too. geesh, woman didn't know what she had. this was the add for it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140... and thought I was bidding on a some type of silver streak and just took the chance of it being a china lamp. wow, this makes me feel good about taking that chance LOL
ame deffinately hanging on to this one. guess i found my center piece for my silver streaks! Is a bit cloudy from shipping :( but I already see signs of improvement. This will clear up pretty fast. Oh, I changed one of my china lamps. it was a blue liquid w/white lave 52oz. My brother wanted a green lamp with white lava but they didn't make one so I added yellow food coloring to it. Looks beautiful! I need to take pics of it soon. makes the lava look neon green! I am about to do alterations to a couple other china made lavas for myself and another family member. I bought some wax and die to try my hand out in making a few of my own. Don't know how that is going to turn out lol
Too bad there isn’t a spell check on here. Guess I will use Microsoft Word for now on and cut and paste. LOL
Yes, it's still an Enchantress. The non-planter version, that is, which was made right up until 2000 or so. That base was used for a number of models:
Enchantress = brass/gold
Silver Streak = silver
Midnight = black
Elec-Trick = blacklight-responsive colored base (seven colors made)
Safari = animal-print base (four variants made)
Psychedelic Swirl = tie-dye-like patterns (four colors plus multicolor)
Marble = marbled paint finish (red, gray, what else?)

I know you're used to Silver Streaks, but this isn't a Silver Streak that just happens to be brass - trust me, it's an Enchantress. Or, if you're going by series number, 8100. Specifically an 8102, red/yellow (a color combo never offered in Silver Streak, unless you bought base/cap and globe separately through Spencer Gifts' "Custom Lava" program)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service