Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hi guys

i have just won a steam engine lamp on ebay that needs a bit of tlc to bring it back to its former glory, the thing i need to no is the rear of the globe is painted red but is flaking off in places, what sort of paint if any should i use to repair it, by touching it up will it decrease the worth of it,
regards
krissy

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a Crestworth Traction Lamp, showing a Steam Traction Engine, once a common site at travelling fairs. They're nifty little non-liquid lamps, and fairly uncommon. Astrobaby and/or John will know the answer, they are our resident Crestworth experts!
thanks for the replies guys, i will give it a go at bringing it back to life, ill post pics when im done
regards krissy
well guys so far so good, i have taken the lamp to bits and have removed the old paint of off the back, i know have a dilema, the side with the paint that has been removed is better than the side that had no paint on, there is a faily deep scratch on the viewing side, now my delima is do i stick with the scratched side or reverse it, the only problem i have with this is the embossed made in england at the top of the vase, did they come in any other colors other than red,
thanks guys any input would be greatly recieved
krissy
its the glass that is scratched not the metal, and its the plascic engine version. maybe there is a way of making some sort of incert so i can change the color as and when i like

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service