Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I really like this [url=http://www.planetlava.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=12&idproduct=35]lava table lamp[/url] but i'm wondering about using it in the UK.

Getting a US-UK voltage converter (they cost around £15 in Maplin) isn;t really worth it compared to the overall cost of the lamp... but will the US bulb fitting take a compatable bulb? if so i could just put an english plug on and slot the right bulb in?

Or are the fittings totally incompatable? I can;t say i'm really of a mind to get something new then have to totally take it apart right away...

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am dealing with exactly the opposite situation. It has bee a learning experience. Here is what I found. Get the plug converter, they are cheap. Do not get the voltage regulater, it is a waste of time. Try to find a place online that sells the proper bulb with the proper base which is the smaller base then in the USA. There is a very nice dealer on ebay who sells out of Australia who I found very helpful. They can point you in the right direction. His email is easebris@optusnet.com.au. The online light bulb places are here: . Also try on ebay as well. Hope this helps.
chhers guys. i haven't bought anything US yet but probably will at some point, so useful to know!
i have been trying to find a 230V bulb for the fluidium i bought in USA. The USA fluidium's bulb base is wider than the one from UK.

any one know what is the dimension for UK size and USA size?? E14, E17?

Reply to Discussion


Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service