Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hi guys
i was wondering if anyone could shed some light (no pun intended) on this lamp i have come across. it is a astro shape and the base is a crome finish not the brushed aluminum that are the standard now, on the base it has crestworth trading ltd, and a date of 9/1/91 on it with patent no 1034255, the globe is something i have never seen before it has a bakalite screw top and the contents are a light blue fluid with a wax that seems to change color when in a cold state its a blue wax but when running the wax at the base glows with a redish tinge and as the lava rises it seems to slowley turn blue again, also it has a fine glitter and what i can only describe as angel hair in the fluids mixture, never seen anything like this before, so any info would be great, i have put a few pics in that might help, thank you in anticipation
krissy

Views: 84

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a few more
Attachments:
and again
Attachments:
It's a nice lamp you got there Krissy.
I've got one of those, too (yellow/green). I remember when I got it, someone on the old forum told me that the "glitter" and "angel hair" particles you refer to, are a sort of crystals forming from an ingredient in the liquid phase.

I tried cleaning the lamp by filtering the water, but a few month later those particles re-appeared, it seems as if at first a thin layer builds on the inside of the glass and then breaks off....

It will probably never be perfectly clear, but it will find its own balance!
It's a special flair of those lamps and I grew to liking it now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service