Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have 6 lava lamps (at the moment) that all seem to have different power needs, so I've bought a couple dimmer switches. Ideally I'd like to have one on each, but it adds up for so many. Has anyone found a source for buying them at a discount? Or is the hardware store the cheapest I'm gonna get?

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bohdan, My Grande (purple/yellow) is only two weeks old and still hasn't cleared up much. What would you suggest for a 'regimen' clear it up faster. Also, I've put a dimmer on it to assist in its startup in the morning. How low should I dim it to protect the lava, but get a fast startup?
Thanks for the counsel! jvp
Thanks for the advice! Is the bulb extender a Home Depot / Lowe's item?

Once I get it cleared up, should I keep it at around half power overnight so it'll start up quickly the next day?
I really appreciate the help. With the dimmer, I meant on a daily basis, when I turn them down at night, how low should I set the dimmer to keep the wax warm, so every morning, it'll start up quickly.
Hi again. I have a Kiss lamp (52oz, I think) and a couple of new 20 oz.ones. How high a setting is safe to leave them on with a dimmer overnight, so they start up quickly, but I don't damage the wax. Just warm enough to keep a dome at the bottom?

p.s. my Grande is clearing little by little... Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service