Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have a UK mathmos JET lamp in black. It was bought about 14 years ago and i've just found it again after a massive clearout. I've switched it on and it appears I may have overheated it. There was a 60w bulb in there which resulted in a large chunk of lava sitting at the top of the bottle as well as a good chunk sitting at the bottom. I've replaced the 60w with a 40w oven bulb from b and q but still no joy. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this or is it goosed??

And does anyone know where I can obtain a new bottle from for the jet? I've emailed mathmos but no reply as yet....

Thanks

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah it's definately metal. I've ordered a 30w bulb so will see how that goes.

Once I get it in how should I proceed to get that lump of wax down??

Quite gutted that mathmos deleted the jet. It's a nice intro into the world of lava!! Plus this lamp was bought when I was about 14 or 15 and i'm 28 now so would like to get it running again.
Thanks will give it a go. Only other option after this is to buy a new lamp. Quite like the astro mind!!
I've ended up buying a lava motion astro type. Very happy with it. Will have to keep an eye out for a spare bottle on ebay.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service