Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I bought a huge amount of my French glitter and lava lamps from a guy named Karoll who used to post on here (he actually listed the lamps on here for sale and that's how I got 'em). Is anybody still in contact with him or know what happened to him? He had the most amazing collection I have ever seen!

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Jonas said that he had died a few years back. Here is a link through archive.org to a page of the site. The pictures aren't showing up, though.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041107203739/perso.wanadoo.fr/karoll/l...

SCOTT13A
Oh my god!!! I had no idea!!!! Is this true? Jonas????
I couldn't find the original post which I believe Jonas mentioned it or hinted at it if that is what he said. Here is the second post where it is ambiguous, but I think or thought it was true based on his previous comment. Again, I am not certain.

http://www.oozinggoo.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?b-gb/m-1188270524/

"Jonas Clark Click to EMail Click to check IP address of the poster Oct-11-06, 07:53 AM (PST)
2. "RE: other lava"

'My collection is all over the place. New, old, common, rare, Icon, Vandor, cheap import, foreign etc. If I ever cut down to one thing, I think I'd concentrate on the French boilers, I'd love to have a whole row or cluster of them. Wish Karoll was still pokin' around, he had an amazing collection of French, Italian, etc. glitters. I think a few of our regulars (Pigeon, Fog Rider, etc.) got a lot of cool lamps from him.' "

There is an email address ka2000@wanadoo.fr on Karoll's old page.

SCOTT13A
I never claimed he had died - he was and is "gone" i.e. vanished from the US collecting circle.
That is good. I thought that I had read about 3 or 4 years ago that you seemed to say that he did die. I guess I was wrong. Sorry! Again I did feel uncertain that it were true. Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding. I feel like that newspaper which declared that Harry S Truman had lost the 1948 presidential election. I wasn't around when he was posting, but I always wonder about former members who haven't posted in a few years. Maybe someone who knows him can try that email address that I listed and see if it is still active.

SCOTT13A
Glad to hear it! I just sent him a re-connect e-mail. I'll keep everyone informed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service