Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday having a learning experience, and putting some of the stuff i've read about into practice trying to sort of a very cloudy crestworth astro i picked up, which also wasn't really flowing.

Actually i'm quite pleased with myself, managed to decant the entire contents, repair the spring, get the lava back in , and make some new fluid (currently clear) for it.

What i'm wondering though, is that i noticed that the lava had separated, there was sort of a big lump at the bottom of off white (the lava is orange) stuff that's heavier than the wax, doesn't flow or do anything, and was gunking up the coil too (that can't have been helping).

What do people normally do with this stuff? I disposed of it, but should i have warmed the wax and mixed it back in?

I've also got a rather low lava level now... i may have bobbed this one a bit thought tbh any lava losses were fairly minimal, so possibly it wasn;t right when it came to me.... and the lava has a lot of fluid bubbles in it, which makes it look less than super and flow a bit crap.

Aside from getting or making new lava, can i do much about that?

Views: 32

Reply to This

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service