Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Ok, I'm newish on lava lamps and completely new here (Hi everybody!)

I don't know details, but I already know there's a big difference in each lamps' movement.

I bought a 10" Lava World lamp that has blue liquid and white wax. It looks great shapewise but it only produces a ton of little balls, pretty much perfect circles. And that's it. In fact, it gets pretty stagnant with lots of medium sized balls hovering. Not so exciting, but pretty.

So then I bought a used torpedo/bullet shaped lamp. It has no box so I don't know the brand (the bottle says "NHI" on the bottom) and it seems fairly new. In fact, I wasn't really expecting much from it. I thought that the Lava World brand would probably be the best quality. But I bought it anyways because it was yellow wax with clear liquid and I thought it was interesting.

So guess what? The cheap yellow one flows like butter! And it looks remarkably like butter too BTW. It shoots up snakes and irregular shapes and it's constantly changing. The liquid has already cleared up quite a bit too.

My question: What is the deal? After getting this yellow one, my little Lava World one seems so dull I can't stand it. It's great for the color but no fun to watch like the yellow one.

I have heard rumblings about how some new ones made in China are crappy. Might the blue one be made in China, and that's why? Does anyone know who made the yellow one? Maybe it was US made or old enough to still retain some higher quality.

Just curious for input. Thanks for this wonderful site.
-John

Views: 46

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well spoken Arne! Get these idiots outta O/G
Thanks for the info everybody!

I will wait a while as Bohdan suggested and it may also clear up a bit from use as well.

After that if there's no change then I'll consider lowering the bulb or something...

I have to say i like it a lot though because it's a great size and color.

-John

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service