Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Where can I find glitter particles for making my own giant glitter LUNAR rocket lavalamp?

Hello. Some weeks ago I have had the following problem. I bought a giant LUNAR rocket Lavalamp from Mathmos on eBay but I didn't like the color of the wax and the liquid. It was my third LUNAR and so I decided to do something special with it. I wanted to transform it into a giant glitter lamp. So I bought 5 litres of clear lavalamp liquid and then I started looking on the internet for glitter particles. But I couldn't find real lavalamp glitter. After days of searching I decided to buy a certain amount of colored nail glitter particles. I mixed them the lavalamp liquid. When I started heating my self made giant glitter LUNAR the following happened. Most of the glitter went to the bottom of the bottle but after some minutes some particles started to go up and down the liquid. But most particles stayed on the bottom and after 15 minutes the glass bottle just broke. I think the nail glitter particles weren't a good option and because they stayed at the bottom of the bottle, it too hot at the bottom of the bottle, which caused the lamp to break. Does anybody know where to buy lavalamp glitter or how to make a working mixture of clear liquid and glitter? I still have a spare LUNAR bottle left over and I also have another 5 litres of lavalamp liquid. I also thought about buying different small glitter lamps and mix them togheter to make a 5 litres bottle. Can someone give me any suggestions about what would be a good option? Thanks a lot.

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info. I will keep you posted!!!
What is a LW fluid?
I am surfing the internet for weeks now looking for glitter lamps. The idea of buying some glitter lamps of Lava World, and mix them togheter, came up to me too. The biggest problem is shipping to Europe. I have found a some companies who sell Lava World glitter lamps, but only few that will ship from the USA to Europe. But thanks for the info. It least I know that the idea with the Lava World glitter lamps works.
argos sell a lava grande glitter model

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service