Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm trying to get a refill for my Illuminess Tower lava lamp or can someone tell me how to re-colour the 'water'.

The liquid was green but now is cyrstal clear.....how can I colour the water/liquid? What can I use to safely colour the 'water' back to green ideally or failing that any other colour?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Take care,

Andy.

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, just done that.

I've read on other websites to leave the lamp on for 8 hours or so then put the cap back on.

However on this lamp the cap was a thick heat shrink or vacuum shrink foil cap. How can I seal the bottle top?

Was thinking of using the existing paper/cardboard cap that was under the foiland some silicone mastic?
The metal coating over the paper seal is long gone. It was like the foil you get on bottles of sparkling wine but thicker.

There's no cap as on beer bottles etc
I understand what you say about the cap being pushed off when the lamp is hot. But if I put the lid on when the lamp is hot then when it gets hot again the pressure will be roughly the same. If anything a slight vacuum may happen to help seal the cap when it cools? ? ?
What is an Illuness Lava Lamp. Are they any pictures of one?
Bohdan what would we do without you? you are 'da man'
Once again I ask, what is an Illuminess Lava Lamp? Are they any pictures of one?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service