Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Ok, so i got a green fluidium today, and TBH i'm not 100% impressed.

Not totally the lamps fault, the seller had allowed the wax to melt initially, then had turned it off, so it was frozen when I got it.
Coupled with the fact that it had got a bit cloudy in transit, and there were some rather suspicious looking bits of wax floating at the top.

So i'm now running it, and there are some bubbles left at the top of the vase, which look a bit suspect.

It looks like it is getting a bit too hot, as bubbles are apprearing in the wax quite alot.

I would like to know what type of bulb this should be run with, as I am unsure that I am using the correct one.

And just a couple of notes on the design:

Of course the shape is fantastic, no denying that, but why on earth did they make it so you can see the larger coil?

The base is so bright that is actually outshines the bottle itself, was this intentional? cos i thought the whole point of lava lamps was for the lava to be the focal point!!!

Any thoughts or advice regarding the bubbles or design would be most welcome!

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have no doubt that the coil is intentional by design, i just dont really like seeing it!

glad you aggree about the base, its like the base outshines the wax, criminal! lol
the other pic you posted of them in spike, ours doesnt melt like that, just gushes to the top. we think the wax may be a bit off.
ant, i will keep the lamp as it was very cheap for a fluidium, actually it will be cheaper than buying a new one to get a new bottle and bulb from mathmos, we'll experiment with this bottle i think!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service