Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

HELP!! 52 oz Lamp doesn't seem to Flow properly. Pictures inside.

I have a 52 oz lava lamp from Spencers. It's been used for 4 days now. However, I still have this huge glob at the bottom. It only streams up long columns of goo, and spits out small circles of goo. The very bottom of the base is wide, but the coil seems like it would fit a smaller lamp. The coil was towards the side but flat on the bottom. I rotated the lamp very slowly and got it centered. It seems there is to much extra room for the coil to move around. Is this possible or normal? Would that be a problem?

Still two days later I have a huge glob still at the bottom that only shoots out small circles. It's 4 days old straight out of the box. I've tried dimmers as well. I figured maybe it was to hot. I'm using the 40watt clear bulb that came with it. I also tried a frosted bulb 40 watt and the dimmer on both bulbs. I can't tell the difference between to hot or to cold by some of the diagrams I've looked at. I wish I knew enough about them to know whether it is to hot or to cold. Even when the glass is hot it still runs the same. Should I try a 30 watt?

I've uploaded several pictures of it below. Those were taken on day one about 6-7 hours running. It's still runs just like that. Please take a look at my pics and videos and see if there is a problem. I'm a newbie, but mesmerized by these lamps. I have 4 now.

Videos - https://oozinggoo.ning.com/video/video/listForContributor?screenNam...

Views: 67

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey

I wish i could help, it definately doesn't look right at all. most dissatisfying flow there.

Hopefully you will get some good advice, i know nothing about Lava World lamps i'm afraid.
What do you expect from it? It's just a shitty china globe?
I tried what you suggested Bohdan, and made another posted rather than reply to this one. Why? I have no clue. It's located Here Please check it for me. I added several pictures of the coil, 2 videos as well. The coil seems to small or either to much goo. *LOL* I have no clue. It will run fine the first two minutes, big bubbles, then turning to small, and they all collect at the bottom of the base. I hope you'll check the other post. Please advise.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service