Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Please Bohdan (HELP) Pictures of the coil 52oz small blob problem

Hi, Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Bohdan, I did as you suggested about the 40 watt spot bulb. I'm still stuck with small bubbles although it does seem like some are bigger since the change. I wish I understood these lamps better.

Notice in some of the pictures that the coil is to one side. I have centered it and moved it back to the side, testing in both positions. It seems I get the best effect as soon as the first blob disconnects. Once I got 4 really big ones, hardly any lava at the bottom. They'll be pretty big, but as the lamp continues to run they get smaller, and I have little small blobs collecting at the bottom. Click here to see Big Bubbles Video They only lasted 2 minutes, then back to small bubbles.

When the small blobs fall should they connect right back with the coil? I guess this is what confuses me. I don't understand how these things should function. I don't understand what you mean by lava covering the coil (NEWBIE) The circumference of my coil on this 52oz seems to small. I have moved the coil around by slowly rotating the lamp. I got it centered (which I am not sure is good or bad). Is my problem that they are not immediately connecting with the coil?

I don't really want to go back to Spencers, but will if I must. If I stretched this coil would that make a difference? If so, whats the procedure in doing that?

Bohdan, Thank you so much for your help. Oh, I've already made my first batch of goo as well. Gonna work on the liquid later today sometime. Please help me fix my lamp if you think it can be fixed.

I did another video, side angle and upright. I moved the lamp around and even took it out of the base. Hoping to give you as much information as possible. Any ideas?
Click here for the video.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the help everyone. I've got a new coil and plan on putting it in within the hour. Bohdan, I also left you a comment. My project goo floats in pure water. How can I get it back down.
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service