Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have read many messages on the board about cloudy liquid. Is the only real remedy time? My wife liked the Good Girls, Bad Girls, pink and purple base, with purple liquid. I got it, once it was delivered it was very cloudy.

I'm planning on doing the 8 hours on, couple days off routine. Is that correct? What's my best option for clearing this cloudiness up? I'm so impatient. I'm tempted to just go buy a new lamp for some clear liquid. I just don't think it will look as nice without the purple lava. Any ideas?

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I tried the aquarium floss for my cloudy lamp. It didn't work for me, and I poured it through the floss about 10-15 times. The last 3 lamps I bought on e-bay have been cloudy, and I'm not sure what to do. Do you just run it for several hours every day for a few weeks? I want a ceramic filter but they are $$$$$!!
Thanks for the replies. I'll just do the cycling for now. Hopefully it will clear. If not I'll try and look around for one with purple lava and clear liquid. If I can't find that I'll just by the one I seen at Wal-mart, with white lava and sit it on there. :( We all need a neighbor, right next door named Bohdan.

I'm actually testing trying to balance out some liquid in another I got at a yard sale. I had it at one point, it would break off, but only would get like one big one. I'll tell you, this balancing is for the birds. One hour you think you got it and then the next hour you realize you don't. Add pure water, add salt water, think you have it, not any more room to add, pour out, add this add that. I'm gonna go crazy. *LOL*

It's weird after all these years of this think being invented, no one has figured out the exact recipe. I'm to the point where I wish i could go and dig the old B**tard up and see if his secret is buried with him. Since I'm not going to do that, I'll keep trying.
Check out this link for grins and giggles.
http://www.oozinggoo.com/howto.html
K

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service