Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Can anyone help me. I have just aquired a set of KINGSTON CRYSTALIYES made by KINGSTON LAMP CO LTD of Hull, they originally cost 26 shillings.

This is a set of 8 lights on a flex (rather like Christmas tree lights), The bases where the bulbs are are in different colours as are the glass tubes which just push into the bases, the tubes are about 4 1/2 inches high, inside the tubes is a small (approx 1/2 inch tube also made of glass)

There is no plug but it does have a bayonette fitting to plug into a lamp or light fitting.

What I would like to know is are these proper lava lamps, and does anyone know anything about them.

Judyth

Views: 1635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello I noticed that you said you were originally from Hull, do you posibly remember where abouts the Kingston Lamp company were, as I cannot find out anything about them. All I can suggest about the replacement glass tube is to watch out for any for sale maybe on ebay, Judyth
They're so cute, comprising two of my loves, in fact three! Lava lamps, xmas lights and vintage. very special, plus their vintage cuteness abounds!
Very nice to see them actually being used and enjoyed.
well its that time of year and got the lights out again. and they are all working fine and they look fantastic.
Seasons greetings to everyone, the lights are fantastic and as reliable as ever, unlike the ones I bought last year from a chain store.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service