Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

if an old lamp has a new bottle, how should that affect the price?

i was just wondering, as i have seen a few lovely old lamps with new bottles on them, and cant help thinking this should decrease the value?
I know the new bottle would have cost a bit but i would deffo pay more for the original bottle, even if it was a bit cloudy etc, just for the authenticity of it.

What are peoples views on this please?

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say, I wouldn't even lift a finger to save my own grand mother from the ravenous bugblatter beast of trall without an order signed, in triplicates, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again and finally burried in soft peat for three months and recycled as fire lighter!

..smile....
and the absolute worst poetry was written by Paula Nancy Millstone Jenning of Sussex (luckily it was destroyed when the earth was)
Reistance is useless!
We are not gonna be great. We are not gonna be amazing. We are gonna be amazingly amazing!!
I tend to agree.

In my humble opinion, my own preferences, in order:

1. All original, clear globe with nice wax.
2. Filtered globe with nice wax.
3. Refilled globe, or replaced globe, nice flowing wax.

The old wax just has such nice stringy flow. The new Lava world wax just doesn't flow nicely. Some of the newer Mathmos lamps flow quite nicely, though.

Cheers.
well all of my lamps have orig globes appart from my dads crestworth! and i wouldnt consider paying lots of money for an old lamp unless its funnly orig! unless its a lunar : P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service