Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Anyone else watching this guy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232274302058?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&a...

I haven't seen an actual picture of this model before, just the graphic in the coach lantern article. Would love it if someone posted a few pics of their 2007 lanterns! 

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sadly, these weren't made for very long. I'd love to have one. They were only available in yellow/purple and the globe didn't flow very well. Instead of the faux kerosene font cap, they had a rotary dimmer knob. I think the copper finish was done very well.

The switch actually is just an on/off switch. Still a pretty cool lamp. The only downside to it is that the cap is small enough that you can't run a US 52oz globe on it, only China globes. I switched out the purple/yellow for the red/yellow that came with my heritage lamp.
Attachments:

You can run a US globe on it.  I have one on mine.  It just barely fits enough to get the screws back on.

Pics

Attachments:

Pic

Attachments:

Both of those lamps are beautiful! Thanks for posting, I'll post a couple of mine when it arrives! 

Here's a pic with a blue/white US globe capped in 2002, shortly before they shifted production to China.

Attachments:

That is indeed strange, I couldn't get mine down far enough to put the screws back on over any of my US 52oz globes. Could be a QC size irregularity. Either way, I love running the heritage globe on it. 

How close could you get yours to fitting?  I had just enough room to get the screws threaded maybe a turn or two.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

lava lamp auctions

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2017   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service