Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Let's post some pics of our goo kits!!

My Blue Grande

My Orange Grande

My Purple / White Grande

Views: 13883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice goo kits Carol, the blue and pink lamps are really nice espshaly as the pink is more of a watermelon color raver then bright or more magenta pink witch usually happens.

How did you get the colors - was it just the goo kit dye used.

Yes Tim, just the kit dye.  I went really light but did a blend of red and violet with the pink one.  Barely used any red though.  Then when it wasn't pink enough, I added a couple speaks more of the violet dye and this is the color it came out to be.  I'm really happy with it also!!!!  With the blue, I just added very small amounts at a time until I got the blue I liked.

Love the Orange! 

Marcel said:

My orange Grande:

And my Lunartube:

Love The Wall and Dark Side ones. I'm an Orange freak

Dr. WHAT?! said:

Here are some of my gookits

Well I hope to have pictures posted soon.  All I seem to be getting before dye is just a sphere of clear gel hanging out at the bottom, didn't even spike really, something is off. Side note: The rubber type cork that is used on bottles of Barefoot wine work good as a stopper, no crumbles.

I see some pretty incredible kits and displays here ladies and gents! Digging the shape of that staggered cylinder Dr. What!

Does the food coloring last though? or does the color fade after time?

LampHead said:

McCormick liquid food coloring, available at any food store. Use a drop at a time, most globes only need 1-4 drops to get the color your looking for.

Metallicaman said:

what u use to color the water?

It will eventually fade, but all you have to do is add more food coloring.

Junebug said:

LampHead said:

McCormick liquid food coloring, available at any food store. Use a drop at a time, most globes only need 1-4 drops to get the color your looking for.

Metallicaman said:

Don't use food coloring, Inkjet printer ink works way better then food coloring and it lasts much longer (haven't had one fade on me yet). You can buy refill bottles on ebay.

Junebug said:

LampHead said:

Metallicaman said:

beautiful lamps, any updates?  I saw an aquamarine redo and it’s so beautiful.  I may have to get a goo kit and try myself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service