Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Good morning all, Hoping someone can help me identify this lamp. It's HUGE and bigger than any I can find online or anywhere else. The overall height is approx. 44" with a 7" x 24" glass tube.

Anyone have any info or feedback?!

Views: 636

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

But the Colossus is bigger! :-P

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

I think it's that mid-century modern design that makes it all the more special for me.

Metallica man Trevor said:

But the Colossus is bigger! :-P

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

I'm in SW Michigan.  And if it's the entire lava world that I'd be doing a favor, how can I let them down!

Llava Bllonde said:

Nice find! Anyone here would loveee to own one, or six. Where is "local'? not sure what part of the country you are in, and very curious. The wax looks to be in pretty good shape. You would be doing the lava world a favor if you could keep that wax in the lamp during your fix. Nothing flows like old lava! 

I'd be glad to have either!

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

Oh, I know!  I wouldn't turn either one down for sure!

Chantal said:

I'd be glad to have either!

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus


Right now id almost give my Colossus away!!!! I don't have the time to baby sit it.....
Keith said:

Oh, I know!  I wouldn't turn either one down for sure!

Chantal said:

I'd be glad to have either!

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

Chantal....is that the sound of opportunity knocking?!   Oh, wait.  He said "almost".  Nevermind.

Metallica man Trevor said:


Right now id almost give my Colossus away!!!! I don't have the time to baby sit it.....
Keith said:

Oh, I know!  I wouldn't turn either one down for sure!

Chantal said:

I'd be glad to have either!

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

I'd be happy to take it off your hands :-)

Tom S said:

Chantal....is that the sound of opportunity knocking?!   Oh, wait.  He said "almost".  Nevermind.

Metallica man Trevor said:


Right now id almost give my Colossus away!!!! I don't have the time to baby sit it.....
Keith said:

Oh, I know!  I wouldn't turn either one down for sure!

Chantal said:

I'd be glad to have either!

Keith said:

Yep, I would much rather have an Imperial than a Colossus

Someone around here will hold you too that if your not careful. Were you a lava fan before finding the

imperial? Do you have other lamps or was the Imperial your first? What tipped you off that it would be a superb purchase? I know curiosity killed the cat, but I need to wallow in you glorious lava find!

Tom S said:

I'm in SW Michigan.  And if it's the entire lava world that I'd be doing a favor, how can I let them down!

Llava Bllonde said:

Nice find! Anyone here would loveee to own one, or six. Where is "local'? not sure what part of the country you are in, and very curious. The wax looks to be in pretty good shape. You would be doing the lava world a favor if you could keep that wax in the lamp during your fix. Nothing flows like old lava! 

WOW. Lucky you. Congrats. That's many collectors' dream lamp, myself included. Is it missing the liquid? At least one person on here has replaced the liquid completely, and I'd wait and figure out what went into that and try it, since that one turned out beautifully.

Nope.  First one I ever bought.  I've seen them before and like them...just never owned one.   The only thing that tipped me off is that it's huge and unique.  Oh, and that i really liked it!

Feel free to wallow!!!   lol

Llava Bllonde said:

Someone around here will hold you too that if your not careful. Were you a lava fan before finding the

imperial? Do you have other lamps or was the Imperial your first? What tipped you off that it would be a superb purchase? I know curiosity killed the cat, but I need to wallow in you glorious lava find!

Tom S said:

I'm in SW Michigan.  And if it's the entire lava world that I'd be doing a favor, how can I let them down!

Llava Bllonde said:

Nice find! Anyone here would loveee to own one, or six. Where is "local'? not sure what part of the country you are in, and very curious. The wax looks to be in pretty good shape. You would be doing the lava world a favor if you could keep that wax in the lamp during your fix. Nothing flows like old lava! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service