Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hey guys! I came across this lamp at a flea market. Anybody know what it is?  I didn't buy it because the booth owner wasn't there. There is no marking anywhere on it. I may pick it up if its still there and worth while. 

Views: 312

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dont really know myself but kinda stating the obvious it looks like a old glitter lamp solvent filled etc.

Could that be a chrome Jet?

Image result for mathmos chrome+jet

I'd scoop that lamp up

of course, i have an addiction

I'm in therapy but its not working...

Hello everyone,.. Ahem,,... my name is Claude

its been 2 hrs since I bought a lava lamp.....

It may come to me but I cannot remember the name right now. But I am pretty sure it is a late 70s to early 80s import glitter lamp. Not particularly special don't pay much.

It kind of looks like a YAPS lamp (Hong Kong 1980s), but I don't think it is.  YAPS had plastic hardware - this looks like metal/chrome.  I agree it looks 70s-80s.

On second thought, I think it is a YAPS.  Check out this OG thread http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/1979-yaps-crystal-mood-lamp-... .

I bought one on Ebay a while back for $25.  It was kind of like the one at your flea market - needed work.  

Mine isn't as chrome-looking as this one, but I bet this one has plastic hardware, too.

Kirk. That is a YAPS. That is the brand name I was trying to recall. Not worth much.
Okay, I don't feel bad about being unable to buy it, now. Thanks for the input guys!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2018   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service