Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello fellow goo heads!

I know this question has been asked a million times but all the links I found on previous discussions no longer exist.

I purchased an Astro a few days ago and it's finally on it's way. This Astro takes a screw bulb. I want to be sure I'm buying the right bulb because they all look larger than the ones that came with my other Astros in my current collection.  Plus they are pretty pricey. Is this the right bulb? 

I appreciate everyone's help and hope you are doing well!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gluhlampe-220-240V-35W-PAR16-E14-38-Gluh...

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When the lamp arrives, it will have a sticker on it, inside the top of the base, that will state the bulb wattage and a diagram of the shape. (unless the previous owner has lost/removed it).

In my shop you can find the correct light bulbs.
http://www.goolamp.com/

And this is the standard astro light bulb:

http://goolamp.com/en/home/34-40w-drop-bulb-e14-.html

Thanks Marcel. She said to get E14 240v 35w 38°. Your bulbs are much cheaper but I want to be absolutely sure that's the right one.


Marcel said:

In my shop you can find the correct light bulbs.
http://www.goolamp.com/

And this is the standard astro light bulb:

http://goolamp.com/en/home/34-40w-drop-bulb-e14-.html

I went back and looked at the pictures provided by the seller and that bulb does look like the one I need. My other lamps have reflector bulbs that came with them brand new. I was going to go ahead and stock up. Would that one be okay for my other Astros as well?

I appreciate your help Marcel! I'll place an order today.

Marcel said:

In my shop you can find the correct light bulbs.
http://www.goolamp.com/

And this is the standard astro light bulb:

http://goolamp.com/en/home/34-40w-drop-bulb-e14-.html

The standard bulb (40W golf ball) is what mathmos is using the most time, before the production got canceled in europe.

Now they use gu10 reflector bulbs, but with a different fomulation in the bottles.

The standard bulb should work on every old astro with a E14 socket.

I have the reflector bulbs too (25W for astro baby and the 40W for astro and fluidium). They run hotter and can fix a not flowing astro which does not get enough heat and especialy the fluidium runs much better with it.

As Mathmos changed the formulation of the botles and the bases very often, it is sadly not possible to say which one would be the best, but if the bottle and base is on the old side (~ before 2012) the standard golf ball Bulb would work the best.

As a general rule the standard astro lamp uses a small edison screw SES. The replacement for the golf ball 40w is a 35w halogen spot SES bulb. They should still fit the older astro bases. I use them now and they are just as good with the older bottles as well as the newer ones. Mathmos sell these.
Please note that the heritage astros use a mini GU10 35w bulb. A standard GU0 will not fit. Both are easily available online but are starting to get scarcer.

Thanks doddy. I think I've got it all figured out. I ordered replacements for all Mathmos lamps yesterday. The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is the heritage. 

doddy said:

As a general rule the standard astro lamp uses a small edison screw SES. The replacement for the golf ball 40w is a 35w halogen spot SES bulb. They should still fit the older astro bases. I use them now and they are just as good with the older bottles as well as the newer ones. Mathmos sell these.
Please note that the heritage astros use a mini GU10 35w bulb. A standard GU0 will not fit. Both are easily available online but are starting to get scarcer.

First generation e14 Heritage Astros work with the standard bulb too. 

I think I got it all right. I placed an order from your company yesterday. I appreciate all your help Marcel!

Marcel said:

First generation e14 Heritage Astros work with the standard bulb too. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service