Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I can't believe the horrid film left on the inside of this glitter Grande. Rinsed with hot water and left soaking overnight in soapy water. Any suggestions in what's best to use to get it crystal clean before refilling?

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its going to sound nuts, but fill it with gasoline and let sit overnight, then rinse very well with soap and water. Its the only thing I have ever found to work.

Let it listen to bieber over night. The film will run away in terror!
Thats a pretty good idea for stubborn stuff. My dad was a mechanic he cleaned everything in gas lol.

Chantal said:

Its going to sound nuts, but fill it with gasoline and let sit overnight, then rinse very well with soap and water. Its the only thing I have ever found to work.

Hahahahaha, nice.

Metallica man Trevor said:

Yeah those are good ideas. Both gas and Bieber are pretty caustic. LMAO

LOL

I had good luck with a de-greaser called Jungle Jake. I used it full strength in my Capri and it got it super clean. 

Metallica man Trevor said:

Well we're talking 250 ounces of alcohol to fill Critter. LOL Most all of the film is gone from the overnight soak but some spots remain and it's a bit hard to reach with a bottle brush unless I put some sort of extender on it. Whether I use alcohol or gas, are we talking filling and soaking or adding a bit and swishing?

You could try to add and swish to see if it works. I always fill it and let it sit overnight, but I am pretty anal about residue. I have never tried it with a grande but I imagine it would work the same?

Deb said:

Well we're talking 250 ounces of alcohol to fill Critter. LOL Most all of the film is gone from the overnight soak but some spots remain and it's a bit hard to reach with a bottle brush unless I put some sort of extender on it. Whether I use alcohol or gas, are we talking filling and soaking or adding a bit and swishing?

Brakleen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service