Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Does anyone have any decent knowledge of the historical timeline of the Black Squiggle? I have one at home (pics to come later) and the base is what Lamphead referred to as a "tall" (http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/aristocrat-base-that-garnered-a-sid...).

Previous to acquiring the lamp I knew of two other variations - your standard Aristocrat geometry with symmetrical lower and upper cones on the base; then the same, but with starlight holes.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a "tall" one recently having never heard of them before. I will say all the photos I've seen of them it looks like the lower cone is smaller but mines lower is the same as the others I have it's just the top that's bigger, and I have some problems getting it to heat up.

I think black squiggles were last made in 69 or 70. I guess I can safely say 70, because in 69, the "tall" base may not have appeared yet (can't confirm). Both tall bases and squiggles were definitely gone by 72, when the short-lived Commander appeared (matte black Aristocrat, short base).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

lava lamp auctions

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

Top Members 

© 2017   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service