Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Bought a UK Lamp. I’m in the US. Question about bulb/voltage differences

Hey all,

as the topic states...

ive got the plug converter but quickly realized the bulb is very dim. 
obviously it’s due to the lamp (bulb) being a 30W, 240v. 


what’s the better way to do this?

get a transformer or find a 120v 30w bulb?

id rather find the bulb. Problem is the E14 base is impossible to find in a 120v option.

ideas? Opinions?

Fyi lamp I bought has an E14 base, R39 Bulb, 30W. 

thanks all! :) 

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like your just using a plug adapter.

Your still getting 110 volts from the USA outlet and you need 220 volts for your UK lamp.

You can either rewire the lamp and then use a 110 volt bulb with it ( hard )


Use a power converter that will up convert the USA 110 volts to the 220 volts that your UK made lamp requires ( easy )  


We have an in depth article about this topic in our Lava Library.


Reply to Discussion



Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2023   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service