Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Wonder how long it will last!

Views: 2184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I had the money!!

Let's see - cloudy, one picture and $1500. No. Thank. You. 

Ya it is pretty high in price I thought as well. And there no make an offer 

Erin said:

Let's see - cloudy, one picture and $1500. No. Thank. You. 

$1500 for a cloudy made-in-China piece of junk.? Thats's substantially more than what it cost new.

And what's with the "Mega rare" b.s.? Humbug!

They couldn't give these clunkers away last year.

The scary part is that some misinformed new collector might actually fork out the money for this junker.

I though Colossus's were US made?

Very true - less then $500 and it could be worth it but you would really need some serious thought about filtering and restoring it as that would be a mission and it  has failed in the past (all though Matt you did a good job).

If it was clear, mint condition and a colour such as purple / orange then yea it would be worth more then $500 and it would get some interest.

Since the colossus has gone out of production and only serious collectors and those with spare cash have them then yes the are rare since its hard to find but mega rair in the ranks of the princess, imperial etc I doubt it.

Also I heard that they were really selling so I don't know why they stopped them.

fog rider said:

$1500 for a cloudy made-in-China piece of junk.? Thats's substantially more than what it cost new.

And what's with the "Mega rare" b.s.? Humbug!

They couldn't give these clunkers away last year.

The scary part is that some misinformed new collector might actually fork out the money for this junker.

Humongous would be the American version. 

Gwen Williams said:

I though Colossus's were US made?

Half that price, and I'd consider the road trip from Canada... My red colossus would have a friend!!
I was lucky, and got it locally. Seatbelted him in the front seat, and drove him home. I would LOVE to do a white wax / purple liquid one though.

James Reiche said:

Wile E. Coyote said : Half that price, and I'd consider the road trip from Canada... My red colossus would have a friend!!

That would be quite a drive for you Wile, especially if you live in "western" Canada.

Did Lava Lite ship your Colossus to Canada, or did you buy it in the states and then move it yourself?

I agree, $1,500.00 for a cloudy Colossus lamp that will require colossal fixing is a bit much.

However if you really want a Colossus badly enough, there are not many other options available for obtaining one.

They will be on ebay, - there have been 2 at least so far since they were discontinued so I expect that they will still be around for a while untill they get to the rairity of the imperial or simmler.

I wonder how long it will be untill one comes up on UK ebay

Marcel said:

The problem is: If you want a colossus, you doesnt have many options!

Sure you can wait for a better anc cheeper one, but we doenst know how long it will take until the next colossus is on ebay.

There was a crystal clear one for just £200 on UK ebay recently and I was one click away from a purchase, unfortunately, space dictates....

I just sold my colossus lamp on ebay .Now who said i was asking to much for it  lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service