Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

This rocket lamp keeps showing up on CL nearby me. Can anyone tell me if this is a real Lava Lite lamp or a knockoff? Is it rare? Should I plunk down $10 for it? It's a bit of a drive but if its the real deal, maybe I will.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/for/3677608998.html

Views: 645

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Half Starship, half something else maybe? or just plain knock off?

$10 for that is a stea if it's a real LL.  they go for $50+ on eBay.  i would ask the seller for the info. on the stickers on the inside of the base to confirm it's a LL.

Did it. Just picked it up. It's a real lava product. The seller did a package deal with the rocket, an older purple/pink, and a lava phone (blue/white), all for $25. I think it was a screaming deal. The phone wasn't high on my collecting list but I figured it was right in front of me so I figured what the heck. I'm assuming these are all pre-china; I'll post pics of the caps later. I'm super stoked the wife allowed me to make the dogleg to get these while on our way to my inlaws for Easter! Plus I already got pre-approval to pick up a wizard & a 90's lamp when we get where we're going. In all, I will have gotten 5 older lamps for $45. SCORE!

Good for you!  I love good lava bargains. :)

Ben said:

Did it. Just picked it up. It's a real lava product. The seller did a package deal with the rocket, an older purple/pink, and a lava phone (blue/white), all for $25. I think it was a screaming deal. The phone wasn't high on my collecting list but I figured it was right in front of me so I figured what the heck. I'm assuming these are all pre-china; I'll post pics of the caps later. I'm super stoked the wife allowed me to make the dogleg to get these while on our way to my inlaws for Easter! Plus I already got pre-approval to pick up a wizard & a 90's lamp when we get where we're going. In all, I will have gotten 5 older lamps for $45. SCORE!
That's a silver streak rocket, all authentic, 90s, possible teal globe? Good deal!
Yup, yup, yup! Teal isn't my favorite but I can always swap out another globe!
Teal is a less common globe so you definitely got your money's worth
That's funny; I got a teal globe in college because they didn't have green. Now I have two "rare" globes. I'll post pics when they are all fired up! (Got 6 new lamps on CL this weekend!)

Great buy!

The Craigslist Gods were good to me this Easter weekend. I had aspirations of getting 2 new-to-me lamps for $10 each, and of course I ended up getting 6 lamps for a total of $50. Goodies include: the teal starship, a 32oz purple/yellow, a 32oz blue/white phone, a 32oz purple/white, a green/clear wizard, and an unknown knock-off orange/clear. The phone is the newest at 2002, I think. Everything else appears to be 1990's, and all appear to be in good shape/no cloudiness. Too late to fire them up tonight to know for sure but you know I will tomorrow! Thank you, wifey, for putting up with your husband's dorkus hobby!

its not a real rocket mate.

It's a lava lamp globe. The base has legs held on with Allen screws, looks just like other Starship bases, has the normal stickers inside, and the cap is identical to the wizard caps. There's nothing on it that looks non-lava lite. If the base is a knock-off, it's pretty darn good. The globe is definitely LL. The seller (who could obviously be wrong) said he & the wife got it at Spencer's ages ago. He didn't have a large collection and I doubt he swapped out parts, intentionally or not.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service