Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Census Poll Time- If One Were To Purchase A Grande, What Would Be The Best Performer???

Ok, so yes, I'm the research queen.  I normally do not make any purchase until I get some feedback, reviews, do some research, etc.  Might just have to bite the bullet this year and treat myself to a Merry Xmas to me Grande.....I've said this last year too, but chickened out when I think of the problems LL has with china production.

I do believe that the Heritage grandes have gotten pretty good reviews as far as OG members go, and I really luv the pink one.  The Neon green kind of scares me due to the fact that my son's 52 oz Neon Green turned a puke color without ever being exposed to sunlight.  Also it is on a timer and was never allowed to overheat.  Anyway......Farmer's Almanac is predicting a super cold winter with lots of snow so was thinking I may buy a grande.  I will have to have it shipped unless my Spencer's decides to bring those in to the store which I highly doubt. 

I do realize that the 50th Anniv. Grandes have not really been out that long to stand the test of time, so don't know if anyone would recommend those although I do like the base.  I really do like the heritage base as well though.  Recommendations???

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, yes!  Thinking about a Christmas grande for myself too.  I've got a green heritage grande and it faded to an unpleasant color but the flow is fantastic!  I've wanted to get a pink one also but now that the anniversary grande is out I want that one too.  I really dig the color of the anniversary grande and that base is great!  Then again the heritage grandes have a dimmer and pin-holes.  sigh, what to do, what to do!

What?  Buy one of each?  Yeah, as if 

haaaa....thanks Keith....your a big help!!!

I can say for sure, if you get a green one and it fades you will be upset!

Carol said:

haaaa....thanks Keith....your a big help!!!

I say pink Heritage. I have one, and it flows good. 

Carol.  Any Heritage series, then a Rainbow or Anniversary all flow nicely.....or get ' em all!  LOL

When the pink Heritage grande was first released it looked/flowed really nice.

Not sure how they are now, but I am assuming it's still the best lamp LL makes currently.

I am very pleased with mine.

I really like my neon green heritage grande, too.

I love my anniversary grande. Hoping to post a video or two today. It has a dimmer cord which is nice. I just love the combo of the yellow/ purple with the gold base. I think it's great! Of course I've never seen a heritage series grande flow in person so nothing to compare to. Good luck in deciding!

I think Vox has a vid of his heritage grande pink in flow or at least a pic.  The pinhole base is what I think gives the lamp that old skool feel and dresses it up a bit.  After all, I am a HUGE fan of the Wizard bases.  I like the pinhole and moon and star cutouts on the bases, so I think I may go with the pink.  I also like the colored water ones and had to kit my purple/yellow due to a bum coil issue........I think for my first grande I may go with the heritage pink so for QC reasons.......well, then again, by xmas, maybe there will be more positive reviews on the anniversary grande.

My green a heritage has stayed as green as it was on day one. The Pink had stayed fully colored too.
I fired up my Anniversary Grande globe today for the first time. Should be flowing when I get home later on. Cannot wait to see that. I LOVE the purple yellow combo it is my favorite so I am hopeful this flows as well as the Rainbow Grande does and the Heritage series. And Sparty is right the color combo of purple yellow on gold is a looker. I fired mine up on a Heritage base though just as I did with the Rainbow.....convienent to just swap the globe. Besides on the black Starlite base it looks killer too.. it looked great when I turned it on as I headed out the door. Oh and the glass quality on both of these new Grande ' s is spectacular they are as good or better than the Heritage series and even clearer than my giants.

Critter, I hope you enjoy your anniversary grande as much as I do mine! I still can't get over how clear it was and the quality of the glass! I'm obsessed!!!

How long have you had the green heritage grande??? I'm interested in that one too, but not if it's gonna change on me.

Thanks!

Critter said:

I fired up my Anniversary Grande globe today for the first time. Should be flowing when I get home later on. Cannot wait to see that. I LOVE the purple yellow combo it is my favorite so I am hopeful this flows as well as the Rainbow Grande does and the Heritage series. And Sparty is right the color combo of purple yellow on gold is a looker . I fired mine up on a Heritage base though just as I did with the Rainbow.....convienent to just swap the globe. Besides on the black Starlite base it looks killer too.. it looked great when I turned it on as I headed out the door. Oh and the glass quality on both of these new Grande ' s is spectacular they are as good or better than the Heritage series and even clearer than my giants.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service