Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Based upon feedback from the seller, I suspect I was not the only Oozing Goo'er who inquired about the lamp. He said he was amazed by how many interested parties contacted him about it. To put your minds at ease, the lamp is no longer available is it is currently sitting in the bed of my pickup truck. You likely didn't want it anyways as its a Franken-lamp. Came with a Colossus base, but a Humongo globe. Ok, scratch what I said earlier about this being a Franken-lamp; its a Humongo from top to bottom.

Don't feel too bad for me as I already flipped it. Flipped for the same $400 I paid for it + Firkin Burgers for me and my lovely wife + a few beers. Congratulations to Critter on having a winning personality that prompted me to reach out to him and make this happen on his behalf. What a freakin' score and a half!

Views: 1363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yahoo. Fire it up!
Do the pretty girls come with it? LOL

Lamp was flipped on (full power on the dimmer) at 6:15am. Nope on the girls. You wouldn't know what to do with thoroughbreds such as these so I will be keeping them.

Critter said:

Yahoo. Fire it up!
Do the pretty girls come with it? LOL
Oh so we're an hour and a half in to heating. Spikes appearing soon!

Nothing yet, but it may take a bit longer since its running a 200 watt bulb.

Critter said:

Oh so we're an hour and a half in to heating. Spikes appearing soon!

Spiking may be diminished a bit on this first run as the lava started in a chunky state, versus a urinal cake state. Got to witness this one start and reach towards the heavens.

Wow. Seems to have nice color!

Some additional spiking. Starting to also see some pea-sized lava droplets swirl through the globe. Pics taken on "vibrant color" mode to hopefully offset the flash washout a bit.

Agreed - the latest pictures show that off a little better as they're straight on shots against the tan wall background.

Critter said:

Wow. Seems to have nice color!

Spike action intensifying.

Critter, I don't think you want those girls anyway. Apparently, they all have the clap.

WOW what find! So the globe was made in Germany and filled in China? Sorry I'm a little late on this thread...LOL

Rob C -

Tim - I do believe the globe was filled in the US. This is essentially the US version of the Colossus.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service