Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Based upon feedback from the seller, I suspect I was not the only Oozing Goo'er who inquired about the lamp. He said he was amazed by how many interested parties contacted him about it. To put your minds at ease, the lamp is no longer available is it is currently sitting in the bed of my pickup truck. You likely didn't want it anyways as its a Franken-lamp. Came with a Colossus base, but a Humongo globe. Ok, scratch what I said earlier about this being a Franken-lamp; its a Humongo from top to bottom.

Don't feel too bad for me as I already flipped it. Flipped for the same $400 I paid for it + Firkin Burgers for me and my lovely wife + a few beers. Congratulations to Critter on having a winning personality that prompted me to reach out to him and make this happen on his behalf. What a freakin' score and a half!

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keepin' it old school with the hand written cap code.

Thank you so much Jim.  I was on pins and needles all night waiting to hear if the deal worked out.  I have been quite sad about the loss of my Colossus last December.  This is a nice, nice replacement for that exploded globe.  I truly appreciate the head's up and the pick up of this lamp.  

I plan on getting you the Triple Meat Firkin burger and ample Ale when I see you this summer!

Thanks so much!

Guys and Gals Jim is the best friend a guy could have!

My colon is squealing in anticipation Bill! I have been honored to be your trusted friend on Oozing Goo, privy to the good (your Princess) and the bad (your imploded Colossus globe) prior to you deciding to share the details publicly. I also love that you now have an excuse to venture back to Grayslake so that we, and our wives, can get together again for some much needed fun and frivolity. I'm sure Pam and Tracie can't wait for Bill and Jim filth'fest 2.0.

One thing I vote we don't do on this visit? Waste our time visiting Lava Lite HQ again. Nothing to see, move along. Your expression perfectly summed up our last experience there.

Critter said:

Thank you so much Jim.  I was on pins and needles all night waiting to hear if the deal worked out.  I have been quite sad about the loss of my Colossus last December.  This is a nice, nice replacement for that exploded globe.  I truly appreciate the head's up and the pick up of this lamp.  

I plan on getting you the Triple Meat Firkin burger and ample Ale when I see you this summer!

Thanks so much!

Guys and Gals Jim is the best friend a guy could have!

Oh man, congratulations!!!!   Very jealous!

Thanks Verax. Its one of those listings where you assume that a dozen other people have already expressed an interest prior to you being able to reach out to the seller. Appears I was first in queue this time and the seller kindly gave me the right of first refusal. The fact that he also had all of the original packaging material (including Styrofoam) was huge too, as the lamp should travel quite nicely on its journey from N. Illinois down to Texas.

Just blown away that its a Humungo globe. Although the lamp was only run once (for a promo event), I may have to fire it up to check it out prior to Critter coming to pick it up.

Verax said:

Oh man, congratulations!!!!   Very jealous!

Very nice.  That should mean that it will travel well from Texas to Seattle, right Critter?  haha   ;)

Yes Verax I think it would travel well to any place! But I think it's heart is in TX.

When Jim and I talked earlier today I sensed that he wanted to fire the bad boy up so I encouraged him to do that and post some pics for all of us to enjoy!

This is a pretty exciting event for sure!

Critter
Congratulations again. It's going to a great loving home. Can't wait to see pics! :)

Oh man! Awesome score! Is it a red/yellow too!?

Its a blue/yellow, but have truly only seen just the very top of the globe. Still in its factory box. Liquid looks like a nicely saturated sapphire blue. Will definitely give this a run as I just can't help myself. When I bought my Colossus, blue/yellow was my #2 choice after purple/pink so interested to see this thing in all its glory.

Hell - if its only been run once, its not even broken in. I can't hook Critter up with a lamp that's not broken in. 

VOXul said:

Oh man! Awesome score! Is it a red/yellow too!?

Now that's what I call a FRIEND!!!  I guess 2 congrats are in order here....one to the flipper...and one to the flippee!!!!!

Enjoy Crit, you deserve it after the globe explosion and that day's drama!!!  Let Karma prevail!!!

Thanks Carol! That's such a nice thing to say. I can't wait to see pics posted!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service