Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm still learning here, and I know there are some plain caps that are real, some are made in China. But I haven't come across a call that looks like this in a globe that looks real. Interested to see what you guys and gals think. I'm guessing a fake just based on the code printed on the cap.i have a bunch of bases that have been all mixed up so I don't know what base it had with it. 

IMG_20200215_162800.jpgIMG_20200215_163325.jpgIMG_20200215_163339.jpg

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably chinese.  Check the pictures at the bottom of the following page, note that china production began in 2003

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/page/lamp-age

I have seen the ones in the library and obvious knock offs, but color code on this should be.. What? It looks like yellow/yellow or yellow/white. Is there a further color code list? Forgive the questions just curious. I know most people around here don't care too much about things after production moved to China.

It doesn't look like the cap has a standard color code but I would say it is a yellow/clear globe.  Is the wax yellow when cold?  Sometimes old, discolored white wax will look yellow when running.  It does look like a nice flowing globe.  

Aaron Rodgers said:

I have seen the ones in the library and obvious knock offs, but color code on this should be.. What? It looks like yellow/yellow or yellow/white. Is there a further color code list? Forgive the questions just curious. I know most people around here don't care too much about things after production moved to China.

Looking closer at it, I'd say its white wax in a cloudy liquid. I have a very clear/orange, and a purple/yellow, it's far lighter than either. I hate to crack it open and try to filter it but I'll see if I can get a picture of it cold to tell.

So I have a Chinese yellow/green and compared the two... I think it might be yellow, I can't really tell.

IMG_20200222_163610.jpg

IMG_20200222_163620.jpg

IMG_20200222_163632.jpg

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service