Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

My advice is to buy them - that is all.  End of review.

I admit that I opened them at the Target prior to bringing them to the cashier.  I would rather bring home a pair of known winners than return the things.  These were the only two I needed to look at; I initially targeted (at Target) the clear/yellow.  Wifey poo wanted the clear/red too.  Seeing as it appears to be a primo batch of lamps the store got, I will likely also grab the purple/yellow one.  When they look this good it makes me want a full set.  Well done Lava Lite, well done indeed!!!  Gold star.

There is a bit of a somewhat piercing bulb bleed at the junction of the lower and upper cones - a beacon of bright white light.  Really doesn't detract from the lamp at all.  I do want to add some colorized heat proof films to the inside of the upper cones.  Could probably do some crazy looks and even black out the coil (if inclined).

Views: 3154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hell yeah bo !  I want to get that BLUE one   it rocks !!!!

The Blob said:

Not bad for $5. I'm gonna grab some of the glitters there.

The Targets in Omaha have the Clear Views on clearance for $10.98. Bought a red and yellow. They aren't quite as clear as Jim's but I just fired them up for the first time. Hopefully they will clear up. Nice looking lamps.

Calling the Omaha store today. May be road trip time. :)

Brent said:

The Targets in Omaha have the Clear Views on clearance for $10.98. Bought a red and yellow. They aren't quite as clear as Jim's but I just fired them up for the first time. Hopefully they will clear up. Nice looking lamps.

Brent, did you go to the Target on 132nd St?

PM sent Deb.

I too have a Clearview (red) and I really like it. There is the problem of little puffs of something (Lint? Dust?) floating around, but it doesn't really detract from enjoying the lamp unless your eyeballs are against the lamp. Nice flow, too. I say buy it.

Thanks for the clearance tip.  On clearance at my Target here in Colorado Springs too.  Only had yellow left.

I picked up two yellow clearviews from Target, unfortunately it was the only color I could find but on the other hand they were half off.  I opened all the lamps as I was making sure to not purchase a cloudy lamp.  After two different stores and opening 8 lamps I found two clear ones.  One I would consider perfectly clear like the photo the other was just a touch hazy.  I kept the perfect one and passed the other on to a friend, the haze didn't bother him at all and hopefully it will clear up.

I ran my lamp last night long enough to get a few orbs up and than shut it off due to it being late.  Compared to my American lamps running the same time period it was pretty lack luster.  I hope it breaks in some and flows better, honestly the lamp was on about 1:45 mins.  The wax was completely molten and was just starting to flow when I shut it off.  

I know my Yellow/Clear CV takes a lot longer to get going than a traditional China or USA lamp.   Though I think my Yellow/Purple isn't as slow to get going.

I really would like a Purple/Yellow, the hunt continues.  Anyone know if this was just a back to school thing, or do you think they will be receiving new stock eventually?

If I know Lava Lite - you won't see the Clearviews again. They are very random with their offerings. They quietly sell these one-off kinda lamps (the Neons and the Clearviews come to mind) in certain stores, don't promote them anywhere and then they're gone. 

They will continue to carry them on their website, but target probably won't carry them after they are sold out. I will ask dale and find out for sure later.

Erin said:

If I know Lava Lite - you won't see the Clearviews again. They are very random with their offerings. They quietly sell these one-off kinda lamps (the Neons and the Clearviews come to mind) in certain stores, don't promote them anywhere and then they're gone. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service