Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Collectors and first 100 important announcement.

On the Mathmos Blog, there's an important information notice about future first 100 releases. Anyone wishing to collect a first 100 lamp should read this first before buying. 

It looks like the UK gets half and Germany gets half of all new first 100 lamps. Personally, i think this is wrong as Mathmos is a UK company therefore we, sorry WE, should get first divvies. Yes here in the UK. 

However, I am looking forward to some new finishes and some new models too. But have practically given up on getting a first 100. 

Anyway have a look and please feel free to express your wishes for new lamps and finishes. Oh and Mathmos if you are listening LUNAR! 

Here's  the link.

https://www.mathmos.com/blog/2021/07/23/first100-limited-editions/

Views: 1924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My black telstar arrived today, I somehow ended up with a Fisrt 100 which surprised me given how late I ordered (#82)

It's quite lovely, whilst I was expecting the same black as the Vinyl, it's actually the same polished gunmetal type finish as the fireflow.  I'll try to take some photos in the sun, but it won't be until the weekend now because I'm out all day and we're back to it being dark as I'm driving home.

One interesting thing of note, the boxes are new (obviously) and show the new colours, HOWEVER, the black/copper telstar is still listed on the back.... This gives me hope that it may be making a reappearance!

I think its a great lamp too, the finish lends itself so well. Love to see more lamps in this type of black. 

Did you get a "first 100" sticker on your box? I have with all of my other first 100s including the Neos but I think they forgot it on mine, the card was also just on top of the box and not inside as they normally are. Not a bit deal, I'm just wondering if they forgot all of them or just mine :). 

MonsoonStorm said:

My black telstar arrived today, I somehow ended up with a Fisrt 100 which surprised me given how late I ordered (#82)

It's quite lovely, whilst I was expecting the same black as the Vinyl, it's actually the same polished gunmetal type finish as the fireflow.  I'll try to take some photos in the sun, but it won't be until the weekend now because I'm out all day and we're back to it being dark as I'm driving home.

One interesting thing of note, the boxes are new (obviously) and show the new colours, HOWEVER, the black/copper telstar is still listed on the back.... This gives me hope that it may be making a reappearance!

Hi Paul, yeah it was.

My box is slightly bumped on one corner, however that will be a courier issue of course.

Thanks for letting me know, must have just been me then. Shame about your box, carriers can be brutal, I had two at the start of the year that arrived totally crushed.


MonsoonStorm said:

Hi Paul, yeah it was.

My box is slightly bumped on one corner, however that will be a courier issue of course.

The new nickel black finish telstar is stunning. The base and cap are now cast metal and not spun anymore. The caps are much more stable on the bottle and have little ledges that sit on the cap. The base is much more sturdy and stable and rock solid. Extremely well made. 

I agree, its prob my favourite lamp now. They have been casting the metal and using ledges on the cap for a while now. Something new on this version is the light fitting is locked in place as part of the cast meaning it dosnt just spin when trying to replace the bulb which is nice. 



Jezza said:

The new nickel black finish telstar is stunning. The base and cap are now cast metal and not spun anymore. The caps are much more stable on the bottle and have little ledges that sit on the cap. The base is much more sturdy and stable and rock solid. Extremely well made. 

Oh, I didn't know that. The last one I bought was the black and copper version. That was spun and the cap was very ill fitting. I've sort of avoided them since. I have about 8 telstars in total from an early 98 version to some more recent, but most of them the caps are terrible. I might order some replacements now that I know they've improved them. But I'm lovin' this one. 

I must have looked at that one wrongly on the internet. I thought it was sprayed black base and black cap, with the legs shown as above. 

It does look much darker on their website. I was expecting a gloss black painted style base and cap. But it's much closer to the black shiny fireflow candle lamps. They call it black nickel finish. 

It's very nice. I would like to see a neo and astro in this stunning black effect. 

So very pleased with this. And i got no. 43. 

Arhhh right, I didn't read the description on their page, just looked at the colours. :) 

I like the orange one, but nowhere to put something that loud, but it's certainly an eye catching lamp in either colour way. 

Yeah exactly, the black and copper versions seemed to be the last with the evenly spaced legs too. Shame they stopped doing that. But the cap on that one does take some balancing dosnt it :-D.


Jezza said:

Oh, I didn't know that. The last one I bought was the black and copper version. That was spun and the cap was very ill fitting. I've sort of avoided them since. I have about 8 telstars in total from an early 98 version to some more recent, but most of them the caps are terrible. I might order some replacements now that I know they've improved them. But I'm lovin' this one. 

I agree, it really is a lovely finish.  I was pleasantly surprised.

And, yep, I would also love to see a neo in this finish.  It would look fantastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service