Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42100

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

anyone have any idea if the ones to ship on monday did or not ? will i get an e-mail or somthing ?

Fixed!

Louis D. Vieux said:

love the list , just wish my name was spelled right..... lol

WOOT! Colossus arrived this morning, 8:30, couldn't be happier! This thing is huge! I'm letting it warm up to room temp, and settle 24 hours before I fire it up. I can hardly believe that this is real, definitley worth the money (so far)!

so you lucky folks who already have received your colossus lamps, how do they arrive packaged? I live not far from Elmhurst, Il where these are shipping from and I'm trying to save money and just pick my lamp up.

Would the lamp fit in the back seat of my nissan sentra, maybe glass separate from base? If not I might rent a small moving van for the trip. 

Could some one be nice enough to snap a few pics of how the lamp is packaged when it arrives and/or when unpacked but before setting it up?

Al, I don't think it will fit, this was bigger than I thought it would be. Mine came in (3) boxes, the base, the globe, and the table, all packaged seperatley. Also, the bulb was in it's own box too. I wouldn't want to wrestle the globe into the backseat of a car, it's heavy. The globe is in styrofoam, as well as the base and table. It's all packaged well inside the boxes they come in. They delivered mine on a semi, right on my driveway.

dave i felt the same way. you should wait longer than 24 hours

Are you owners suggesting the 24 hour rule because your lamps most likely were very cold coming off the delivery trucks? This shouldn't be a concern if I pick the lamp up myself , would it?

ask Jim, it's just better to wait until its thoroughly room temp. the 24 hour rule is stated by the company. My and i'm sure our lamps were cold, but that's not just from the trucks. i'd assume their initial storage warehouse isn't room temp either, considering all lamps have a warm up to room temp warning.
they want to torture us. but starting up too early can do bad wax things.

I just like to wait and let things "settle" before I start running it. Mine was very cold when it was delivered, as it had "fogged" up when I brought it inside. It was probably jostled a lot during shipping (and me getting it upstairs), so to play it safe, I'm gonna give it until Saturday, my birthday! How appropriate, an early gift to myself, lol!

Sorry! I'm going blind. :(

Oh, and I did not get an email yesterday, but I just did. :) Apparently it shipped today, and the shipping company is supposed to call for delivery. :) Yay!

Louis D. Vieux said:

love the list , just wish my name was spelled right..... lol

Just got off the phone with Susan. She laughed when she picked up and said I must be psychic cause she was in the middle of emailing me with a tracking number.

I'm guessing she emailed you too Louis, with your info. If you need to call the freight company for any reason, here's the Custom Co. phone number: 708-338-8888 or website for tracking: http://www.customco.com/
Louis D. Vieux said:

anyone have any idea if the ones to ship on monday did or not ? will i get an e-mail or somthing ?

I'm waiting at least 48 hrs before firing mine up as suggested by the other gooheads. Good thing I'm a patient person. ;)

Al Chemysto said:

Are you owners suggesting the 24 hour rule because your lamps most likely were very cold coming off the delivery trucks? This shouldn't be a concern if I pick the lamp up myself , would it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service