Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

can't wait to see your new lamp!  i'm buying a house (close april 19) or else i would snag one (blue/yellow).

lalalava said:

phishy, i think some people dont like blue/yellow cuz for a while LL screwed up the colors abit making the blue too dark and the yellow off and sorta brownish. i can assure you the colossus will not be like that! i bought a new old stock B/Y grande and it is GORGEOUS!!! the lava shows up a perfect bright beautiful green. im sure your colossus will be just as beautiful ;) i went with red/clear for my colossus only because i thought it would be alittle more subtle in a small space and i also dont have a big lamp in that color yet but i would have been fine with a B/Y had that been the only choice.

MINE STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED YET!!! GRRRRRRrrrrrrrr...................

Just a thought. If there was a prize for Thread of the year, I think this one would be a likely contender.

Wow. I just looked at Loren's blue/yellow video and it looks nothing like my b/y Grande, and that's a good thing! Maybe they aren't so bad after all! Time to goo kit that grande of mine...
I just read all 54 pages of this thread and I have to say....wow...you guys are SERIOUS about your lava! You're ALMOST as obsessive as the people over on the Phish.net message board, and just as awesome!
Can't wait for my B/Y Colossus to arrive next week or the week after. Living in South Florida, at least it'll PROBABLY already be at room temperature when I unpack it. Lol.

I've run my p/p 4 times now and it takes about 5 hours to heat up at 100% with the 250 watt bulb and it runs near perfect at around 50-60%, the 5- 6 o'clock setting on the dial. Love the lamp. I would buy another one if I had a good place for it.

How long does it take for some of the other colors to warm up?

I'm tired of trying to "dial in the settings" on the yellow/purple. There is something just plain defective about the lava in the lamp. For 2 weeks now I''ve been experimenting daily with trying to find the sweet spot and there isn't any such thing as far as I'm concerned.  it is not remotely acceptable to pay over $700 for this thing and not be able to enjoy it in a reasonable fashion especially since it appears that the other colors seem to work just fine with out having to jump through all these hoops.

No matter how the lamp is started up or dialed back it inevitably will "floating blob" within 90 minutes or less of the lava being fully lqiuidfied. I am extremely dissatisfied and will be negotiating something with Susan. I will be either exchanging or returning it for a refund.

Anyone have any advice on how to proceed? Or care to share their dealings with Susan on similiar matters?

I guess i am the only one with troubles on a clear/red. It warms up and runs correctly for approx 1 hr,,,then 60% of  the coil shows, and it hovers. The first run was perfect,,,,never have seen it again since then. Susan sending bulb,,she says. I don't have any confidence in a different bulb since there is a dimmer on it.

Mine is running great!!! It detached from the coil twice. I payed with that dimmer and now perfect!!!!

I emailed her awhile back and got this.....

"Dear Richard,

It takes time to adjust the Colossus.  You have to have patience with it.  That is what the dimmer switch if for.

It took three weeks for one customer to get it working.  This is not turn on and start flowing.  We are using a higher watt bulb.

Your lamp was just delivered a few days ago.  You have to adjust it based on the heat in your home etc.

Start the lamp at a 100% heat, as soon as the lava flows and operates in full action try to decrease the heat by lowering down the light slowly to 90% and watch it for hours and if it is still hot then decrease it to 80%.   At night just dim down to low flow.

Repeat what I mentioned until you find the right spot and then mark it and keep the dimmer at that mark.

Take your time and get back to me."

I tried all the above, no dice. She's getting a call from me Monday
Critter said:

I have had the same results with the P/Y. If I were you I would call Susan Michaels she is a really sweet lady and will definitely try to help you. I know they at LL HQ have been experimenting with a P/Y with some luck. Perhaps she can tell you what they did to have success or possibly send you a new globe. Perhaps LL Inc should send out specific recommendations to those of us who have purchased these big lamps, that could help all users with all color combos.
Al, do u have a ceiling fan or another fan close by? Maybe air circulating mite help? It works with my other lamps

I do. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. Makes no difference. Also ALL of my other lamps work just fine in this temp

Metallica man said:

Al, do u have a ceiling fan or another fan close by? Maybe air circulating mite help? It works with my other lamps

Air circulating has always worked for me with all my other lamps as well. My P/P is still running strong I love it!! I'm curious about using a red bulb in the P/P has anyone tried that yet?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service