Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42047

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You took the words right out of my mouth.... ♫

Critter said:

I agree Ben......Susan is the shizzle! (That's a good thing! LOL). I think if they were "recycled" she would tell you. Plus you could tell, the new globes have a bed of flat virgin wax. Once run the wax is not flat again and there will be some pieces of wax that had cooled on the liquid surface and then fallen. Let's give Susan more credit, she is not going to be mis-representing anything in a deliberate fashion.

Critter

Susan told me they had set some to the side. In case of problems. Not sure how many, but that was the word I got from her.

Phishy Lava said:

What are they going to do if / when the latecomers (like me) who got one of the last available Colossi need a replacement?

My Blue/Yellow Colossus SUCKED for the first week. But I must admit....the longer I run it, the better it seems to perform.

Damn.  I have not had a problem with the bulbs.  Sure love that purple/pink color.  :>)

Critter said:

Just for grins and giggles.  Here is some photographic evidence of my 200Watt runs.  The first pic is of the state my wax got to in my P/P before the bulbs failed both times.  You can see there was wax movement but it never got close to flowing.  The bulbs truly lasted right at 4 hours each. The second pic is a pic of the dead bulbs.  Oh well, you don't know 'til you try.....eh?

Critter

same here my bulb has at least 200 hours min still going strong.

Kirk said:

Damn.  I have not had a problem with the bulbs.  Sure love that purple/pink color.  :>)

Critter said:

Just for grins and giggles.  Here is some photographic evidence of my 200Watt runs.  The first pic is of the state my wax got to in my P/P before the bulbs failed both times.  You can see there was wax movement but it never got close to flowing.  The bulbs truly lasted right at 4 hours each. The second pic is a pic of the dead bulbs.  Oh well, you don't know 'til you try.....eh?

Critter

Has anyone had trouble with the dimmer switch? Mine only stays full on now so the lamp over heats.

Contact Susan on Monday. I'm sure she will help you out, Brent.

I would try a different outlet to be sure you dont have a surge in the line. That will short out a bulb in no time..

Not meaning to steal the thread, but after all the globe replacements are done if anyone ends up with a spare globe with bad goo and wants to sell just the globe I would be interested in buying one or more.  Thanks

Has anyone confirmed if you can still buy a Colossus or is the sale done?

Joe said:

Not meaning to steal the thread, but after all the globe replacements are done if anyone ends up with a spare globe with bad goo and wants to sell just the globe I would be interested in buying one or more.  Thanks

Been running a Norman 200 for a few days now. Don't see much of a positive difference from the 250 heat bulbs. It takes longer to heat up, and it STILL gets stuck in blob mode eventually. Very unhappy with my Colossus's performance thus far.
I think my results with the 200w sent to me by LL are the same. I have been able to get it to run for a little longer than with the 250w, but yeah.... It still gets stuck unless I babysit it. Susan shipped my replacement globe this week finally. I really wonder if these are just too big to continually cool enough to flow properly. Or maybe not. I don't know anymore. I'm at wits end. I do know I want to snatch that extra coil out of there to see if that makes a difference, but I don't dare.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service