Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If Susan was out 3 days due to the flu I feel for her.  I recently spent an entire week in bed because of it.

Stephanie said:

I am grateful :) , this is just a more complicated and not as smooth as I would have hoped for the price. First she didn't tell anyone she'd be gone for 3 days...Now it sounds like I have to worry about this actual delivery too, because I live on the third floor. It is marked for 3rd floor delivery, and I say they should have to do it at no extra charge because they aren't delivering it to me if it's not at my door... I can get it up the stairs but I do not want to. I have been having a rough week and this was supposed to be my weekend excitement.

You all need to realize freight shipping is not like your typical shipping. I deal with freight at my job all the time and it is not always as smooth as you would hope it would be .There are so many freight companies and they all do things different ways. The drivers aren't always employees of the freight companies, a lot are contracted. The equipment used such as the tractor and/or the trailer can be owned by the freight company or the driver. There are just so many variables that can cause things to go wrong. Also freight drivers are not paid to deliver to your door, usually just the freight dock(or in your case outside your home) and anything else costs extra.

Stephanie said:

I am grateful :) , this is just a more complicated and not as smooth as I would have hoped for the price. First she didn't tell anyone she'd be gone for 3 days...Now it sounds like I have to worry about this actual delivery too, because I live on the third floor. It is marked for 3rd floor delivery, and I say they should have to do it at no extra charge because they aren't delivering it to me if it's not at my door... I can get it up the stairs but I do not want to. I have been having a rough week and this was supposed to be my weekend excitement.

Steph... you are not gonna get that lamp up 3 flights by yourself. Nail down delivery day and have some of those college boys at the ready....you're gonna need some muscle. ;)  And your lamp is sitting in my town right now? I may go hijack it. tee hee. What freight Company?

my account finally shows the lavalite withdraw,........ it doesn't say pending . she said she would withdraw it on monday when it's suppose to ship.... hummmmmm

Ours went through today, the day after we received the lamp.  It Pended for a while, the poofed and went through today

My lamp ships on Monday, and should be here sometime next week!

I'm so super excited. :)

Plus I'll hopefully be getting another very special lamp, around the same time!

Whether it's a granite or marble base, I will be happy, and I will love it.

So my Granite was mistakenly marked Marble? Hmmm, well if the reason they opened the box was because of missing table parts, wonder why that wasn't mentioned when I ordered a table? I'm not gonna complain regardless. If not for them checking, those 2 Granites wouldn't have showed up.  Hope you get one Loren. :)

Loren said:

Oh, and the reason why those 2 granate bases turned up, was because people called about the missing part to the table. They had to start opening boxes, and discovered two bases marked "marble" that were actually granate.

See? Simple mistake. :)

And you know what's really funny?

My marble base was set aside for shipping before that discovery was made. I might have a granate base after all. LOL! I swear I would laugh so hard. I didn't even like it as much at first! But after seeing the closeup from Jim, I fell under its spell.

Man...I meant to say "I THINK my marble base was set aside for shipping before that discovery was made." All I know is that I bought mine before that email went out.

But that is the only way I'll get a granite base...if it's incorrectly marked by the manufacturer, and they didn't check mine. Like I said, marble is the one I wanted more anyway, to begin with. I either wanted a clear/red on granite, or a blue/yellow on marble. I'll most likely be getting the blue/yellow on marble. :) ...A blue/yellow on SOMEthing, anyway. LOL!

Anyone know what the count is on what's left or know what colors and bases are left? I'm hoping to get a yellow/purple with a decent base

Like 15 and only silver bases. Don't know about colors right now. Last I heard.... I'm hopping they still have one on the 25th but I doubt it.

Metallica man where are you getting this information because it is not accurate. There are more than 15 silver lamps left. Also another thing I have been meaning to correct, these lamps were not refilled recently. They were refilled 4-5 years ago, but they are being checked before they get sent out.

No they were not. They were filled in China.

Critter said:

Either way they are refilled and put in decent working order there in Chicago not Shanghi. ;-)

Hope you get one M.M.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service