Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

 

Best regards,

 

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

 

Views: 39128

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad to hear you are finding success with your red/clear.  

Believe me, I've had the same issues/feelings with my Y/P and P/P.  Right now, they are both producing the most incredible flow -- snakes, then balls, then balls with tears, then back to snakes again.  AWESOME!  These really are some amazing lamps, and I'm looking forward to many happy times sharing them with family and friends.  

Just got my third base from Susan today, so my R/C now has a home again -- it'll be several hours before I get to see it flow...  I've missed it!

Thanks for posting your experience with the bulbs.  I appreciate it.


razerface said:

well, i think bulbs make a difference. I do not think the brand of the bulb is the problem. I went and bought a new phillips 250 watt bulb last week. I have now made 2 different 60+ hour runs. I put the old bulb back in last wed,,,it stuck as soon as it became fluid. It (old bulb) is also a phillips. I believe that some bulbs do not adjust smoothly with the dimmer switch,,,even bulbs of the same brand react differently.

Also, after I got this bulb, i ran the lamp "cold" for 24 hours. I did this because i just wanted it to run without hovering,,not because i thought it would help.  I believe i got lucky and it did help.. Cold to me,,means that the lava is all wrinkly as it falls, and does not "snap back" when pooping,,and not smooth skinned on the bottom 50% of the globe while dropping.  After running cold for this 24 hours, i went to bed,,got up,, and it was flowing smoothly.  This change from wrinkle to smooth was WITHOUT touching the dimmer switch. Soooo,,,, i also believe "lave break-in" is a factor, or it needs a lot longer time to gradually heat up without hovering!!

My present run started flowing smoothly at 2am friday morn,,which will make it 66 hours when i shut down at 10 pm,,,,,after the walking dead.....

I still see the coils sometimes, as it runs, then they cover back up. I adjusted the dimmer  3 times in this run (so far),,but put it back to where it was all of those times about 15 minutes later as it was going cold on me when i turned it down slightly. So today, i have not touched it since i woke up at 5am this morning,,i just grit my teeth when it shows the coils until it recovers them. So far, so good, but i expect it to hover everytime the coils uncover. LOL,,,almost ready to start a betting pool on it! 

I have noticed it cools down slightly at night,,although the temp only drops about 1 degree in my house at night. I wake up and check it each night on the nightly bathroom run.....

I have thought about going for 100 hours or running for a week,,,,but am afraid it will hover while i do my 12 hour work day,,and be overheated for a long time.\

I only have a space approx the width of 2 of the lines on the knob,,that the lamp will run in,,anything outside that width, it goes cold and drops, or hovers.

sigh,,,,it hovered at 8:06 --- a 64 hour run.

Mine is about 73 degrees during the day and its pretty consistent.  At night, about 68.  But Susan is sending a red/clear replacement globe.  I'm happy about that but I really love the purple/yellow.  But a working red/clear instead of a screwy purple/yellow is preferable.  

Kirk said:

Ben - Temperature runs between mid-60s at night to mid-70s during the day.

I hope your replacement globe turns out as well behaved as mine seems to be (knock on wood).  So far it's flowing beautifully.

looks like I'm getting a blue/yellow for a replacement..... I hope it works! I'm sad though cause I really wanted the pp
 
Ben said:

Mine is about 73 degrees during the day and its pretty consistent.  At night, about 68.  But Susan is sending a red/clear replacement globe.  I'm happy about that but I really love the purple/yellow.  But a working red/clear instead of a screwy purple/yellow is preferable.  

Kirk said:

Ben - Temperature runs between mid-60s at night to mid-70s during the day.

Has any one tried replacing the goo/wax in a colossus?? Mine seems to be pretty dead  :(

Liam, 

I have considered a goo kit, but we shouldn't have to do that.  I would only do it if LL wasn't trying to fix the problem, and they are trying.  Susan has been very good about trying to help.  She said Monday she'd be sending me a replacement globe "this week" via FedEx.  I'm hoping it arrives ASAP so it can warm up to room temp so I can fiddle with it over the weekend.  

Anyone have updates on their Colossi?  My P/Y has been better with the 200w bulb, but thats relative, of course.  By "better" I mean I got a 24 hour run out of it (set at about 35 minutes) before seeing it stuck again this morning.  But it was pretty boring while it was running--one fat column rising 2/3rds of the way up the globe with some watery bubbles that poop out of the top on occasion.  That's all I can get out of it unless I want a leathery, wrinkly spiral turd, or two spinning stuck blobs after an hour.  I turned it off before leaving for work in hopes of swapping out the red/clear replacement globe ASAP.  The great flow photos I posted in the first couple days of ownership are but a distant memory at this point.  

What are they going to do if / when the latecomers (like me) who got one of the last available Colossi need a replacement?

Knock on wood - I have had absolutely zero issues with my Colossus and have run it 20+ times.  Still flows like a dream.

Ben said:

Liam, 

I have considered a goo kit, but we shouldn't have to do that.  I would only do it if LL wasn't trying to fix the problem, and they are trying.  Susan has been very good about trying to help.  She said Monday she'd be sending me a replacement globe "this week" via FedEx.  I'm hoping it arrives ASAP so it can warm up to room temp so I can fiddle with it over the weekend.  

Anyone have updates on their Colossi?  My P/Y has been better with the 200w bulb, but thats relative, of course.  By "better" I mean I got a 24 hour run out of it (set at about 35 minutes) before seeing it stuck again this morning.  But it was pretty boring while it was running--one fat column rising 2/3rds of the way up the globe with some watery bubbles that poop out of the top on occasion.  That's all I can get out of it unless I want a leathery, wrinkly spiral turd, or two spinning stuck blobs after an hour.  I turned it off before leaving for work in hopes of swapping out the red/clear replacement globe ASAP.  The great flow photos I posted in the first couple days of ownership are but a distant memory at this point.  

Jim, what color combo is yours? Phishy, I got the impression they are holding a few globes for this reason. Has anyone attempted to buy one lately? The original plan was to openly offer them for sale at the first of last month if they didn't all sell all of them to gooheads. That was a month ago, so I'm assuming since they still have some, maybe they held a few back for replacements. I was in the same boat--I wanted to give this globe a chance to come into it because I love the P/Y, but I also didn't want to miss a chance to get a replacement. After all, my goal isn't to get a refund, I want a working colossus! I'm just guessing, though. But you may be stuck with a different color if you need a new globe. Susan said the choices were red/clear or blue/yellow. No more purple/yellows :-(. Check with her; she's been good to me.

When I ordered mine in mid March, Susan said the only color choice left was blue/yellow. NOW there are red/clears? That's what I really wanted!!!!   :'(



Ben said:

Jim, what color combo is yours? Phishy, I got the impression they are holding a few globes for this reason. Has anyone attempted to buy one lately? The original plan was to openly offer them for sale at the first of last month if they didn't all sell all of them to gooheads. That was a month ago, so I'm assuming since they still have some, maybe they held a few back for replacements. I was in the same boat--I wanted to give this globe a chance to come into it because I love the P/Y, but I also didn't want to miss a chance to get a replacement. After all, my goal isn't to get a refund, I want a working colossus! I'm just guessing, though. But you may be stuck with a different color if you need a new globe. Susan said the choices were red/clear or blue/yellow. No more purple/yellows :-(. Check with her; she's been good to me.

My Colossus is a purple/pink.

Ben said:

Jim, what color combo is yours?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service