Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great to hear about the replacement but cloudy? Ruh ro... hope it clears for you. 

Loren said:

I just wanted to say that lavalite sent me a replacement globe! This one arrived UPRIGHT this time, and the flow is absolutely unbelievable. It does everything my last globe did (except blow bubbles and get stuck), and a few more! THIS is how these things are supposed to flow! There are times when I think it's going to get stuck, but it always pulls itself through. :) I think I finally have a winner!

Only thing is, it's very cloudy this time. I'm assuming this is due to shipping in warm weather, and that it will clear, but I'm not entirely sure! I have now run it twice, and no noticable change in clarity yet, but I'm sure it will take a few weeks of running it before it clears. THANK YOU to Susan, and everyone at lavalite (and all of you guys) for all your help!

dude, and dude,,, My name is also jeff meyers!!!!!  LOL,,, How can this be?

Phishy Lava said:

DUDE.........you stole my name!!!

Here, I am PhishyLava, but in the real world, I am ALSO known as Jeff Meyers!!

Jeff Meyers said:

Thanks for the info dude.

You're joking, right?
How can there be 3 Jeff Meyers here? That's insane. I think we all need to meet at dawn out in the desert and battle this out. There can be only one.

Charge admission, Phishy, I'd love to see that duel.........LOL    Three "Jeff Meyers" on here is really strange........(Jaws music inserted here).  ;P

Phishy Lava said:

You're joking, right?
How can there be 3 Jeff Meyers here? That's insane. I think we all need to meet at dawn out in the desert and battle this out. There can be only one.

Here's an update on my colossus. I bought a 200 watt reflector bulb. For whatever reason it only got hot enough to just barely make it flow. Usually just a small column that shot up bubbles in the center. It never had great flow, but the wax never left the coil. I let it run like that for about 3 months turning it off occasionally. About a month ago I put the 250 watt bulb back in it. It flows amazingly well now. Lots of action just like the first run. Even when it overheats the wax stays on the coil. It still isn't as crystal clear as it used to be, but it isn't bad. I will post some photos eventually of it as well as a video.

Awesome! I'm glad if there is now a fix for that! I wonder if using the 250 on a dimmed setting could have the same effect...

The only issue I'm having with my replacement globe is that it's cloudy, but even that is getting better!

The simmering must have worked. I think we've already been thru everything with the 250w vs 200w bulbs and dimmer settings. I'd love to avoid goo kitting my P/Y so maybe I need to try this. The replacement red clear is still running strong.

My red/clear is also still as gorgeous as ever 

I run a 300W bulb in my humongo...works great!

I wish I could cure mine. It's either too hot or too cold. The problem is in the globe, not the base.

Oooo, very interesting.  I've also played with the chemistry on my humongo (salt, bleach and filtered the water).  Please tell me about your hybrid experience, love to know what you tried.

Thanks!

Al Chemysto said:

So for the hybridization is it really necessary to change out the water? I'm wondering what would happen if I just poped the top and drop in some goo-kit goo and just removed enough water to keep the lamp from over flowing. 

Kirk said:

Just an update - my red/clear Colossus continues to run flawlessly with no intervention required.  My pink/purple and yellow/purple both hybridized with MT goo also continue to run beautifully.  I run them every weekend and enjoy them immensely!

Here is his story:

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/i-can-take-no-more-colossus-...

Jethro said:

Oooo, very interesting.  I've also played with the chemistry on my humongo (salt, bleach and filtered the water).  Please tell me about your hybrid experience, love to know what you tried.

Thanks!

Al Chemysto said:

So for the hybridization is it really necessary to change out the water? I'm wondering what would happen if I just poped the top and drop in some goo-kit goo and just removed enough water to keep the lamp from over flowing. 

Kirk said:

Just an update - my red/clear Colossus continues to run flawlessly with no intervention required.  My pink/purple and yellow/purple both hybridized with MT goo also continue to run beautifully.  I run them every weekend and enjoy them immensely!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service