Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My thought exactly, Al.  

I've been cycling my purple/yellow for almost 4 weeks now with many different approaches -- high dimmer/then lower once flowing, high dimmer constantly, low dimmer/then high, low dimmer constantly, etc., etc...  I have not found a way yet to get my flow to last more than 2-3 hours.

But, thanks for your reports.  Always the optimist, I'm hoping you'll crack the code!

Al Chemysto said:

I'm gonna give it a couple more cycles and if I don't get a decent flow it's going back. These thing s are too expensive to be having to play all these games and only be getting an hour or two of good flow.

Good luck!!

Al Chemysto said:

So update on cooling it off for an hour and restarting around what i think is 50%.

Nice slow flow, great combination of long stretchy columns and various sized blobs. Gonna leave it on overnight until about 8am cst. Then power down, place on a timer to start up at 6pm at a little more than 50% and will check in on it at 10pm cst

Will report flow later on tomorrow morning after 9am.

Sorry the report is late folks but here goes...

5am slow column flow, definitely thickening up

8am ZERO motion, lava has settled into the bottom in a thick chunky spiral like turd

I turned it off put it on my timer and set it for start up at 6pm cst and maybe like 60% power. 

I'll report back after 10pm cst

My yellow/purple has arrived. All is well except for no glass ring in the glass table box. Let the room temperature warm-up commence! Still crossing my fingers on this yellow wax.
Date code on top: 25H (globe style?) followed by: 10032901, with "B" underneath that. Can anyone decipher the manufacture date from that?
Attachments:

3/29/2010 batch 01

Ben Timerman said:

My yellow/purple has arrived. All is well except for no glass ring in the glass table box. Let the room temperature warm-up commence! Still crossing my fingers on this yellow wax.
Date code on top: 25H (globe style?) followed by: 10032901, with "B" underneath that. Can anyone decipher the manufacture date from that?

my clear/red has the exact same numbers 10032901. Were all colors in the same run?

That's what I thought Autumn, but I was under the impression these were older than that.  Thanks!  

Does this correlate to the same date as other yellow wax Colossi with wax problems?

Autumn said:

3/29/2010 batch 01

Ben Timerman said:

I was told by susan these were made in 2006

I heard the same thing too 2006 but my globes are dated 2010 also.

Well I have 2 pink/purple globes now and 1 base so I think I might fade one and have a pink/clear.

Cycle 3 results thus far

6pm lamp turned on a little over 50%

7pm A single spike and some clumped expansion.

8:30 No change. I'm going to turn up the lamp to 100% until I see the wax fully melted then back the heat down to 65% and leave it on until tomorrow morning

Thanks for the update.

Al Chemysto said:

Cycle 3 results thus far

6pm lamp turned on a little over 50%

7pm A single spike and some clumped expansion.

8:30 No change. I'm going to turn up the lamp to 100% until I see the wax fully melted then back the heat down to 65% and leave it on until tomorrow morning

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service