Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I was contacted by a great friend today, who shared the distressing news that some "scumbag yuppies" had bought his building and he was being kicked out of his longtime apartment (Chicago).  As a result, he will need to unload a significant number of lamps, parts, etc.  Exact amount of goodies TBD, but should have a better idea this weekend.

I have volunteered my basement as a storage option, so I sense the majority of the goods will be in possession.  I told him that me and my Tacoma are at his disposal all weekend.

This thread is meant as a placeholder and head's up.  Start licking your chops and fine tuning your wishlists.

To keep things real... I am not a thrift shop.  Don't expect $5 Centuries and $20 Giants.  My friend (and fellow Oozing Gooer) is a connoisseur of fine motion lamps and I will be looking out for him.  Those who have transacted with me should know how I operate though.  Admittedly a little slow to get items shipped, but fully transparent in conducting transactions and borderline psycho in terms of packaging lamps.

I will not alloow him to sell everything as he has a collection that I bow down to.  To wet your appetite, he does have a handful of Colossi (yes, as in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).  Numerous Goo Kit customs, double-digit Grandes/Giants, etc.

The official sales thread is actually a sales album, and can be located here:  Black German Shepherd Sale

Views: 2880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He will absolutely be keeping a large number of lamps.  I haven't showed you the inside of the apartment yet.  Outside of the empty Colossus in the earlier pic, he has four more in his pad.  I sense those aren't going anywhere.  I will get some pics of his apartment posted later. 

Carol Morrow said:

Jim, I am sure you will be a great friend to him through this. After all, these are the material things in our lives. Although they make us happy, at least he still is alive and well. Can he keep at least a few to take to where ever he is going instead of going cold turkey like that?

Jim, sorry was on my mobile so couldn't pm you.  I just got home and sent you one.....

I have never in all my entire life seen a collection of ANYTHING for that matter that immense!!!  I think I'm going to cry, I kid you not!!!  Holy you know whats!!!  The Stones lamp, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis???  All the greats!!!  R U kidding me???  Wait, wait.........gotta run for my kleenix.......Jim, it's seriously going to take you a long time just to take pics, post and answer emails, pm's, phone calls, knocks on the door, etc., etc., good luck and wish your friend good luck too!!!  At least you can tell him that his lamps are ending up in good homes to people that will cherish them and take care of them and enjoy watching them all the time.....

I would like to tentatively throw my hat in the ring for a Grande. I'll PM ya' Jim.


Sorry to hear about your friend - that's devastating news indeed. :( I hope he's doing ok. 

Patrick is wearing his emotions on his sleeve and is not a happy camper.  I think part of his uneasy feeling is fear of the unknown.  Sounds like he had been there so long and had such a loosey goosey relationship with his landlord that he pretty much had no lease.  Squatter's rights came to mind, but the moral ambiguity is something I refuse to tread into.  He could probably screw all parties over if he lived in California and had their asinine tenant rights, but Patrick is a decent person and wouldn't play those games.  Walking into Patrick's place is like being transported back to the house I rented in Champaign when I was going to U of I.  No Ikea, no Pier One.... tapestries, movie posters and lava lamps.

Erin said:

I would like to tentatively throw my hat in the ring for a Grande. I'll PM ya' Jim.


Sorry to hear about your friend - that's devastating news indeed. :( I hope he's doing ok. 

That really sucks. :( I haven't rented in so long that I have forgotten what it can be like when you live on someone's else's property. It's easy to get comfortable as time passes. 

Jim said:

Patrick is wearing his emotions on his sleeve and is not a happy camper.  I think part of his uneasy feeling is fear of the unknown.  Sounds like he had been there so long and had such a loosey goosey relationship with his landlord that he pretty much had no lease.  Squatter's rights came to mind, but the moral ambiguity is something I refuse to tread into.  He could probably screw all parties over if he lived in California and had their asinine tenant rights, but Patrick is a decent person and wouldn't play those games.  Walking into Patrick's place is like being transported back to the house I rented in Champaign when I was going to U of I.  No Ikea, no Pier One.... tapestries, movie posters and lava lamps.

Erin said:

I would like to tentatively throw my hat in the ring for a Grande. I'll PM ya' Jim.


Sorry to hear about your friend - that's devastating news indeed. :( I hope he's doing ok. 

Update - Patrick tied one on Saturday night, so we will be moving more lamps next weekend. 

The first parcel of lamps have been documented and posted in their entirety.  A total of 52 lamps which I chose to split into 20 "lots".  Please understand that the lots were created mostly for my own benefit.  Selling and shipping 52 lamps individually is a nightmare and I had to establish some sane conditions for these sales.  I think you will see a method to my madness on how the lots were formulated,  as I did my best to partner like lamps with like lamps.  Have fun and enjoy when looking through the lamps.  I have absolutely no problem with taking any additional pictures you may want - just ask.

I plan to continue the photo album as a means of advertising these sales.  Gives a chance to cater discussions to just a subset of lamps and will allow us to avoid having a thread where 52 lamps are being yapped about.  As lamps/lost sell, the thread title will be updated to indicate "SOLD" and the pic will eventually be taken down.

Click Me to Enter the BlackGermanShepherd Sale Site

I finally figured out who this member is. He has about five of my lamps that I sold *him* over the years. LOL

Erin was that coffee pot lamp yours at one time??

I didn't see a coffeepot lamp in the pics. Where is it? And no - the only coffeepot lamp I've had, I still have. 

Carol Morrow said:

Erin was that coffee pot lamp yours at one time??

Erin, if you look at the 2nd picture posted on this thread on the right sitting on the close to the bottom shelf is a base that reminded me of the coffee pot lamp I saw in your pics when I first joined the site.  That lamp stood out in my mind.  I really liked the look of the base and the black lava flowing really looked cool.

Patrick does indeed own a coffee pot custom.  Not sure if it will be available, but your eyes certainly were not deceiving you. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service