Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I was contacted by a great friend today, who shared the distressing news that some "scumbag yuppies" had bought his building and he was being kicked out of his longtime apartment (Chicago).  As a result, he will need to unload a significant number of lamps, parts, etc.  Exact amount of goodies TBD, but should have a better idea this weekend.

I have volunteered my basement as a storage option, so I sense the majority of the goods will be in possession.  I told him that me and my Tacoma are at his disposal all weekend.

This thread is meant as a placeholder and head's up.  Start licking your chops and fine tuning your wishlists.

To keep things real... I am not a thrift shop.  Don't expect $5 Centuries and $20 Giants.  My friend (and fellow Oozing Gooer) is a connoisseur of fine motion lamps and I will be looking out for him.  Those who have transacted with me should know how I operate though.  Admittedly a little slow to get items shipped, but fully transparent in conducting transactions and borderline psycho in terms of packaging lamps.

I will not alloow him to sell everything as he has a collection that I bow down to.  To wet your appetite, he does have a handful of Colossi (yes, as in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).  Numerous Goo Kit customs, double-digit Grandes/Giants, etc.

The official sales thread is actually a sales album, and can be located here:  Black German Shepherd Sale

Views: 3185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Holy smokes - so some pretty decent lamps were brought over last evening.  I will get them photo-documented and posted as soon as I can.  A few notable ones which Patrick brought by:

• Five Grandes
  • Mathmos Astro in box (yellow/red globe)
  • Mathmos Telstar in box (yellow/red globe)
  • Mathmos Fluidium - no clue on the color, had puppies to frolic with 
  • One of those creepy Pickled Alien lamps

My fellow lava lunatics - my goal is to get the remainder of what I have received from Patrick photographed and posted this evening.  I need to stay on top of things as I will likely be making another run for a truckload this weekend. 

I don't think I've deleted an inbox message in the time that I've been on the site.  I promise to get back to each and every OG member who has taken the time and effort to reach out to me.  I truly do appreciate it and won't leave ya hanging.

Will upload more pics from the train this morning.  No additional lots, but additional pics of some of the other lots. 

Shipping should begin in earnest after Labor Day.  Wife will be on vacation so I will likely work from home for a few weeks (puppy patrol).  This will allow ample opportunity to get things packed and shipped.  Will try my best to go in FIFO order so Erin goes first.

Its getting blazing hot in Chicago, so this should work well as summer seems to disappear quickly after Labor Day and temps should moderate. 

Jim, do you remember I questioned you about one of the cheetah lamps if still available and the goo kit projects?  No rush, just don't want you to forget me, lol!!!

Woot! Thanks for all your efforts on this Jim. :) 

Jim said:

Shipping should begin in earnest after Labor Day.  Wife will be on vacation so I will likely work from home for a few weeks (puppy patrol).  This will allow ample opportunity to get things packed and shipped.  Will try my best to go in FIFO order so Erin goes first.

Its getting blazing hot in Chicago, so this should work well as summer seems to disappear quickly after Labor Day and temps should moderate. 

And there was a 6th Grande in the passenger seat.  Today's pickup from Patrick.  Pics to come after I work with folks on some other deals.  Patrick revealed he had a Humungo today, and ridiculed me for out-scooping me (Craigslist find).  He "may" sell upwards of two Colossus, maybe even the Humungo, but need to clarify with him.  One Colossus is drained and cleaned and may include enough Goo Kit material to refill. 

Nice "haul". A Humongo...interesting.

OOOhhhh goo kit, did somebody say goo kit????  lol!!!

I'd be interested in the empty Colossus, if it were complete.

Would be allot easier to haul it empty !

did you get ride of the harley stuff and the bob marley grande?

Both lots are still available Matt! 

matt01165 said:

did you get ride of the harley stuff and the bob marley grande?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service