Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Evening OG Crew,

Looking to purchase a cap for a Consort bottle. My threaded piece broke and any ideas to plug it also welcome.

Thank you!

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try a silicone rubber stopper plug, see link below, and it could be silicone caulked in place. Checked my bottle opening is approx 11 to 12 mm.

Silicone Rubber Plug here on Ebay

For your plastic cap if the cap itself is intact, maybe you can dremmel down carefully the threads to sit on top of the new plug.

Thanks Galaxy, my head was thinking rubber stopper. I got really lucky on the cap.....broke off nearly flush and no damage or crack to the exterior. Really lucky. When something like that happens all you want to do is fix it. 

Awesome feedback.

What would be really lucky would be if someone found a bottle that had the same threads. Then you could graft your cap onto it. I just went through everything in the kitchen with my Capri bottle, which I believe is the same, sound a couple close ones, but nothing exact.

Thanks Silas, I haven't given up yet. Looked at every bottle in my house and nothing suitable yet. I was hoping someone had unfortunately broken a Consort over time but held on to the cap. Fingers crossed. 

silas Jordan said:

What would be really lucky would be if someone found a bottle that had the same threads. Then you could graft your cap onto it. I just went through everything in the kitchen with my Capri bottle, which I believe is the same, sound a couple close ones, but nothing exact.

I think it's a 24/410 cap
I have several sizes here that I bought as samples to use for SURF/Cleaner/PG bottles
I have a Customers Capri bottle here, I'll check in the next few days to see if any of them fit

Awesome Claude, thanks. I'll shoot you an email at LLC with a pic of what I have. 

• did the 24/410 caps work?

• Claude J said:

I have several sizes here that I bought as samples to use for SURF/Cleaner/PG bottles
I have a Customers Capri bottle here, I'll check in the next few days to see if any of them fit

Never verified the thread size, just sent a cap i had found
KirkS said:

• did the 24/410 caps work?

• Claude J said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service